Hempcrete Chicken coop update

in hempcrete •  22 days ago 

F9C13350-3B4F-4346-9D1E-5AC6C7B5308A.jpeg
Back before vacation I finished casting the roof . I used the 21/2 to one ratio of lime to birds. The metal studs seem to be doing quite well. I see no sign of corrosion from the lime. I then covered the roof with OSB that I salvaged from some old crating.
F39761F6-A154-4C95-A016-BAE4AF877080.jpeg
In the last couple of weeks I have started casting the walls.
02A3530C-9185-4D5B-B5EB-DB3871DB50BA.jpeg
Here is a picture of the north side my mix for the walls has been 3 to 1 by volume 3 parts hemp birds and 7/8 type N hydrated lime 1/8 fast setting drywall compound.
96F60366-EDE9-4CA7-B977-034D154DBA1E.jpeg
On the east side of the coop I tried a different formula. I used ISG Diamond coat plaster instead of the fast setting compound. This did not work all that well.I did not get a very good hydraulic set. This is making the Casting more fragile till the lime cures out.
A5473508-F9B9-4E3A-9715-CD4455653572.jpeg
If things go as planned I will be casting the front this week.
Thanks for reading my post!
I am happy to take advice or answer questions on Hempcrete construction techniques.
If you have a project you would like done please contact me.

Authors get paid when people like you upvote their post.
If you enjoyed what you read here, create your account today and start earning FREE STEEM!
Sort Order:  

This post was shared in the Curation Collective Discord community for curators, and upvoted and resteemed by the @c-squared community account after manual review.
@c-squared runs a community witness. Please consider using one of your witness votes on us here

Thank you!

Posted using Partiko iOS

This promoted content generated 0.062 STEEM in curation reward payback. Thanks for using Steemium.