Try the Barbell Bent-over Row as I find this is a great exercise for back development.
Image Source "Google Images"
How to perform
- Grab the bar with palms facing down about shoulder width apart.
- Bend your knees and lean forward bending at the hips and have your back straight.
- Try to bend down just about parallel to the floor and keep your head up.
- Hang the bar straight down in front of you.
- As you exhale out pull the bar up towards you. At the top hold for 1 second and squeeze your back muscle.
- Slowly lower the barbell back to the start position while you breathe out.
Repeat movement for the required amount of reps. I would start with a lighter weight than you can normally lift and do 3 to 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps.