Second Mass Building Exercise for my shoulders.
The next exercise for my 8 week Mass building program for Shoulders will be the Upright Barbell Row. This is another favorite of mine.
How to Perform Them;
- Grab the bar a little less than shoulder width apart. Your palms should be facing down.
- The bar should rest on the top of your thighs. (This is the start position of the exercise).
- Lift the bar up until just below your neck. Exhale as you do. Keep the bar close to your body and you should lead with your elbows so that your elbows are higher than you forearms.
- Once you are at the top of the movement hold for one second keeping your back straight throughout. (No swaying your torso).
- Return the bar back down to the top of your thighs.
Now repeat for the required amount of reps. I will be doing 3 sets of 6 to 8 reps.
Variation. You can also do this exercise using the cable low pulley machine using one of the straight bar attachments.