I want to share this amazing recipe that I'm sure everyone will enjoy. It's simple and sweet as candy, which is only a toxic food compared to this healthy, fruitilicious strawberry, banana bowl.
This is what you need
- 500 Grams of frozen strawberries
- 5-10 Smaller dates (15 for explosive sweetness levels that blow your energy levels through the roof)
- 2-4 Bananas
1. Let your berries defrost over the night in the fridge or leave it in room-temperature in a few hours. (now in winter I prefer leaving them out for a while for a warmer meal)
Blend the strawberries until you get a jam-like consistency
2. Now, throw in some dates of any kind (remove the stones and make sure that the dates haven't turned bad), the more, the sweeter - it's up to you! If you don't have dates, you could always use sugar or any other sweetener of choice. Blend the dates into the strawberry mix
You've just made yourself some raw, refreshing strawberry jam. (with no additives and surprisingly not any animal products which many jams contain for coloring, yes very small insects are bein used for that...) If you want you could use this as jam, you can make it just as sweet as regular jam without any sugar. It taste much better, is fresh and super healthy!
3. What you want to do now is to cut up some bananas and feel free to add more fruit, seeds or whatever your creative imagination can come up with to make a delicious fruit-bowl.
- It's usually better to buy frozen produce because they're picked in season and are better quality than out of season fruits.
- When you buy bananas there are different things you should look for, the more vibrantly yellow, usually the better. If the banana looks thick and bulky it's most likely a very mature banana which means it will taste richer.
- Store bananas at warm places if you want it to ripen faster, and throw it in the fridge to expand its life by a few days if it is going over-ripe.
- The cavendish-banana (the normal, commercial one) should be soft and spotty with black dots, That's how you know it's properly ripe.
- Dates are usually sold very cheap in local Asian stores.