new Gridcoin version: 184.108.40.206 for WINDOWS users (not mandatory, but IMPORTANT)
24h after 220.127.116.11 there is now:
- Gridcoin version 18.104.22.168 ready!
- dev: "It looks like we may finally see some improvement with the current superblock situation: The popular hash of d996 is gaining popularity quickly (execute neuralreport). We will probably stake one within a few hours. All 24 projects are in d996, and the average magnitude is 44 (IE within range) and has an average project RAC of about 125000, so I see no reason for it to get rejected."
For Windows users specifically:
- the new Windows installer 22.214.171.124 is soon downloadable from here,
- or you can update from within your Windows client
All other users (Linux, Mac, ...):
- can treat this version as leisure for now. It is specifically for producing a superblock only!
- can find the source code here OR:
- upgrade from their used location (e.g. package managers, once the responsible person for those package managers made the new version available)
- Neural Network enhancement to help stake current superblock: use UTC time instead of local time when determining file mirror filename suffix.
Keep in mind this is NOT a mandatory release:
- the last mandatory was: version 126.96.36.199 (released on 2017 April 2)
- BUT... if you're running WINDOWS, it would help us a lot when you install this new 188.8.131.52!
Please tell us when you experience problems!