Gridcoin Web Wallet and Android App Alpha
The idea is that we go mainstream.
Recently i started developing a gridcoin wallet for web and android, with similar approach to mymonero. Many of you probably got bored on slack with my tons of questions, sorry for that. Especially brod :)
The goal is to provide:
- Easy way for ordinary people to create wallet.
- Easy way to login without having to sync
- Easy way to check balance and send gridcoins
- Secure way to login with smart card, or Java enabled USB sticks. (Working in progress).
- Ability to get your decrypted private key upon registration that could be imported into research wallet / full node.
I am putting a very early alpha of https://www.gridcoins.org/
So far, what's functional:
- User can register, get address and a decrypted private key
- User can receive GRC
- User can send GRC
At the moment, web version is running on test network, and should be used for testing only.
Some preview of android app, I will publish it after proper testing for a public testing.
Feel free to take a look at https://www.gridcoins.org and bring your suggestions. I will put the project on GitHub as soon as the code starts to look a bit reasonable :)
Remember, it's running on a test network, and needs to be more properly secured. This is very early alpha.
If anyone want's to donate and support further work, addresses are:
After initial testing and code modifications to make it readable, I will put the code on github, as well as give root ssh access to developers on slack. If we decide to raise a foundation, www.gridcoins.org goes to it's ownership.
I am now continuing to develop USB smart card login, and a procedure of exporting base58 keys to openssl PEM readable format, which opens a possibility for more affordable cold-storage devices and 2FA.
Android App Alpha is live on Google Play.
Grab it from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.gridcoins.grcwallet