Last week, I wrote a post about the pumpkin flower and it seemed that pumpkin flowers can actually be eaten. By coincidence, late last week, I was presented with another stage of the life of the pumpkin.
This is the stage when the flower begins to bloom and start to shape into a pumpkin but not yet. This stage is like an in between of the flower cum fruit. And at this stage, the half flower and half fruit is cut off by the farmer and cooked as a dish.
Yes ! Would you believe it that this stage of the fruit is actually edible. It's known to many locals here in Binh Duong, 45 mins away from Saigon city as a common dish! Trying this dish for the first time, I was amazed just how good it taste.
The inside still white and creamy in taste, while the outside is all green. Doesn't taste at all like a pumpkin. I'm no pumpkin person but I enjoy this unique stage of the pumpkin.
Now, tell me if you have tasted this before or even knew that this stage of the half flower half fruit is edible.
If you missed my earlier post of Did you know that pumpkin flower can be eaten, be sure to click here and read more about it.
I'll definitely share more in my next post. Hope you enjoy my photo taken from my Huawei
Come & join FRUITS & VEGGIES MONDAY by @lenasveganliving
• Take and post at least 3 photos of fruits and vegetables. (It can be variety or just one kind from the garden, supermarket or anywhere you wish, PLANT BASED RECIPES ARE WELCOMED).
• One entry only!!!
• PLEASE MAKE SURE THE ENTRY IS 100% ORIGINAL CONTENT!!! (images and text)
• Text must be at least 100 words.
• Use hashtag #fruitsandveggiesmonday
• Mention the creator @lenasveganliving, the host @plantstoplanks and the title FRUITS AND VEGGIES MONDAY