How are you, dear friends? For those who follow my profile, you already know that I wasn't active on steemit these last few months, but Today I'm back!!! and can't wait to hear news from you! So, @missdeli says hi to all of you and sends lot of love from Romania!
AND ofc I'm back writing a recipe right? I couldn't do it other way:p
Here it is my favorite summer vegan pasta with fresh tomatoes and herbs, easy to make in 30 minutes. Try it as fast as you can, cause the tomatoes are pretty much over this season! At least in Romania, we still have some left! :p
- 1 onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 4 medium tomatoes
- one handful of fresh basil
- fresh oregano (optional)
- salt, black pepper, dried herbs (oregano, basil, thyme)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- olive oil
- your favorite pasta ( I used tagliatelle)
1. First, you need to boil the pasta. Using a pot, put water, salt and a drizzle of olive oil. When the water is boiling, add pasta and stir occasionaly.
2. Meanwhile, in a pan, put some olive oil. Chop the garlic and onion and add it to the pan. Reduce the heat to minimun and stir frequently for 3-4 minutes.
3. Chop the tomatoes and add them in the pan. Add salt, pepper and dried herbs. It takes aprox. 10 minutes for the tomatoes to be done. Add the sugar and the fresh herbs (basil and/or oregano) and leave it for another 2 minutes.
4. When the sauce is ready and the pastas are completely done, combine these two. They are ready to be eaten!!! Sooooo Yumyyyyy!
If you have some suggestions for this recipe, write a comment in the section below. I would love to hear what do you think about this. Would you try it? Honestly, it's not a super recipe. Its a classic! And it tastes super delicious. Also, it is very refreshing because the sauce is light and healthy.
Speaking about HEALTH, did you know that optimal absorption of carotenoids and flavonoids from tomatoes occurs when tomatoes are cooked, and the addition of olive oil during their preparation stimulates the absorption of lycopene? Interesting, right?
P.S. Here are some photos of the tomatoes I had in my garden this year! Bio and full of nutrients! :x:x
Don't hesitate eating raw and fresh food! Its the best you can do for your body!
Food is medicine, don't forget!