Today I prepared the Italian Tiramisù.
This is an italian cake, a quite recent recipe, because it was created in the 1960s, probably in Tuscany, or Veneto or Friuli Venezia-Giulia (three regions in the north-center of Italy).
It's basically a variation of the "Zuppa Inglese" recipe, or "Trifle".
This is a collaboration post with @audegritt and @andrew0, all STEEM and SBD earned with this post will be equally shared with them!
- 6 fresh eggs
- sugar (150 gr.)
- mascarpone (400gr.)
- one small glass of liquor (I used Rum)
- 8 cups of italian espresso coffee
- Savoiardi buiscuits (400 gr.)
- unsweetened cocoa powder (20 gr.)
- sweetened cocoa powder (20 gr.)
- separate the eggs' reds from the whites of the eggs and put them in two bowls
- whip the eggs' reds and add 70gr. sugar, little by little. After having added all the sugar, start gradually adding the mascarpone to the mix while whipping, until you get a creamy mix
- whip the eggs' whites in the other bowl until stiff, gradually adding 70 gr. sugar to it: be careful, first whip the eggs' whites for a while, then start adding sugar very gradually, otherwise the mix will not be stiff enough
- gradually add the stiff eggs' whites to the reds, trying to keep the mix airy and soft, this will be your final cream!
- prepare the coffee adding about the liquor and 10 gr. of sugar to it and putting it into a large soup plate
- take a baking tray or another square container and start creating a first layer of cream
- dunk the Savoiardi one by one into the soup plate with the coffee and then put them over the cream, until you don't cover it entirely
- add another layer of cream, then put a very thin layer of cocoa powder over it
- create a new layer with dunken Savoiardi, then cream and another layer with cocoa powder
- cover the baking tray and keep it in fridge for 6 hours before eating it (if you are able to resist so much time before eating it) :)
Some Steps of Preparation
The Final Result
Note - Pictures are under the Creative Commons license Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
Device: Nikon D3200
Lens: Nikkor 18-55mm
To certify my authorship please visit my steemit page. You will my last posts!
Thank so much and follow me!!! @lordemau (;