Chocolate banana bread with cashew nuts and lemon zest. Delicious and refreshing- probably my best one so far. There are many variations of banana bread online. Each one is a bit different. It's so easy cake to make and you will never get bored. I enjoy to change every time the recipe and so far so good. I am really happy with the result and Herman too (the little bastard couldn't resist and had a bit of a slice)🐭
- 3 bananas + 1 on the top
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp plant based milk
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 cup flour mix (spelt, coconut and buckwheat)
- 3 tsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 lemon or orange (the zest and the juice from a half)
- 60g crushed cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp spice mix (cinnamon, cardamom ...)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 180 C degrees.
- With a mixer process all the wet ingredients until well mixed.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients and add to the wet mixture.
- With a spatula whisk until perfectly combined.
- Pour the banana bred into a baking pan with baking paper.
- Cut in half the banana and press it on the top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven about 35-40 min. at 180C degrees.