"Chkmeruli" in sour cream
Today we will cook a "Chkmeruli". It's masterpiece of Georgian cuisine: fried chicken baked in sour cream sauce with garlic.
Cooking time: 30 min.
Number of servings: 4
- Chicken legs, 2-3 PCs.
- Sour cream, 15-20%, 200 gr.
- Hops-suneli, 1 tsp.
- Tomato paste or mashed tomatoes, 100 gr.
- Garlic, 5-6 cloves
- Black pepper, vegetable oil, salt
Preheat the oven to 180-200°C. Chop the chicken legs in half (on the thigh and shin), beat it with a hammer.
For the sauce, mix sour cream, khmeli-suneli, tomato paste and finely chopped garlic. Salt and pepper to taste.
Put the chicken in a dry pan, cover with a lid, press down with something heavy (for example, large pot whith water) and fry for two minutes on each side over high heat.
Put the chicken to a baking dish, pour the sauce and then two options:
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and the delicious chicken is ready.
- Cover the chicken with a lid or foil, put in the oven for twenty to twenty-five minutes, then remove the lid and brown for five minutes under the grill or at an elevated temperature - it will be much tastier this way.
Serve with cilantro, vegetables or just with a fresh bread.