Introduction Video - Nowhere To Go But Up
Finally decided to stop being a little bitch and make this first video. The sound is shit and I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I believe that some day I'll look back on this and be like, "Wow, look how far I've come."
Anyway, the plan is to make a video every day for a year. About what? Not really sure yet. I'll figure that out as I go along.
I have some ideas for upcoming videos/segments which I've posted here. Read through them and let me know which ones you think are good, stupid, etc.
Also, except for this one, I will not be boosting these videos with paid upvotes. Sorry upvote bots. I will still try and write a long post every 1-2 weeks which I will boost for exposure. But these videos, nah.
My other platforms:
Also, please subscribe to my YouTube channel. Dtube is great and everything, but there's no comparison. Once I get to 10k subs I can start making videos at the New York YouTube Campus. Click here to subscribe.
Business/motivation video ideas
- What is your attitude towards trying - pass/fail vs practice
- Why you need at least 10 projects going at once
- How to get clients
- What's the right mindset to have for life
- How to build your life the way you want it
- How to sell services
- How to make a good LinkedIn page
- How to cold email clients
- What's the right attitude to have towards business
- What business/motivation books I recommend
- Creating a big business vs servicing only a few clients
- When to hire someone and start delegating tasks
- How to train salespeople
- How to overcome objections from difficult customers
- What to do with difficult customers
- What is optionality and why it matters
- Best motivation book I ever read
- Goal setting as an unconscious behavior
- Using language effectively to trick yourself into doing what you know you should do
- Creating content is your #1 priority
- What to do with your free time
- Why time off is bad and you don't need it
- New York Binge - fast for 2-3 days and then break your fast by visiting 3-4 cool restaurant places in new york city
- Make a really unhealthy but incredible dessert. Find someone to collaborate with
- Make an over-the-top funny commercial for a cheap handmade product. Put it on Kickstarter. "Apple phone" made of an apple
- Write a “love letter to a stranger.” Print 500 copies and give them to random people on the street
- Spend the day volunteering for a cause/charity you believe in - old people, mentally disabled, some Jewish thing
- Go to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, even if you’re not an addict - give your opinion
- Make 100 sandwiches and sell them in office buildings - experiment
- Write a funny children’s book (i.e. “Mommy Drinks Because You’re Bad”) - creative activity
- Go to a shooting range - bang bang
- Reach out to 5 potential collaborators and try to get them to do something with you - research places where you can even find collabs
- Get a professional makeover - for free obviously
- Take a martial arts class - Muay Thai? Krav Maga?
- Visit a shaman and trip balls - Peru baby
- Do a ride-along with cops - leave your drugs at home
- "Beg for money wearing a suit. Hustle up some professional models and make a video entitled, “How To Beg For Money.” Turn it into a photoshoot. - Collaborate with models
- Gather 10 inspirational quotes from people you admire. Create a “10 Commandments”-esque poster and put it on your wall. Sell on Etsy for bonus points - 7 day poster challenge
- Go get drunk at a strip club but do not spend any money on lap dances - why?
- Start planning a fundraising event for a charity you believe in - sounds like a lot of work
- Buy a weapon - gun? knife?
- Establish a school of thought based on your beliefs and write down the core tenets - sounds like a lot of work
- Create a “summary card” of all of your basic information that you can hand to people instead of getting stuck in stupid small-talk conversations - good idea, been thinking of doing this for a while
- Create “personal flyers” that have information about you and your picture. Hand them out to people on the street that look interesting to you, encouraging them to contact you if they want to hang out - mention the channel
- Create a handmade sign for your room using materials from an arts and crafts store
- Create a post on Craigslist that claims you have magical powers and offer your services for free
- Buy a small notebook and carry it around all day. Take notes on your day and write down anything you think is important - 7 day experiment
- Find the definitive posts of 10 bloggers. Print them all, design a cover and create a DIY book for your “library” - smart
- Create a fake resume and apply for jobs on Craigslist that you are not qualified for
- Stay up all night and don’t go to sleep until at least 11 AM the next day. Use the time however you want
- Go to a rave and take some ecstasy
- Do that paint night thing on Groupon
- Reach out to an old friend who lives in the same city as you
- Take a dance class
- Take a vow of silence for 24 hours. Create little cards that explain what you’re doing, and hand them out to people if they ask you why you aren’t speaking today
- Spend 12 hours learning another language
- Start planning a dinner party for next week for at least 10 people
- Write yourself a letter to be opened in one year
- Interview at least 10 people you don’t know and ask them a personal question
- Publicly commit to a goal on stickK. Pledge $1000 if you don’t succeed
- Create a fake online dating profile and see what weird messages guys send you
- Train for 30 days for a fight. Then fight
- Make an intro video about who you are and what your channel is going to be about
- Do a screencast of yourself writing/editing an article
- Film one of these crypto events that you go to
- Go to a YouTube meetup
- Talk about starting a business as an event vs lifestyle
- Do Tindersurfing for 3 days
- Talk about why people need to move to new york city
- Do an 8 hour workout
- Do Upworthy but the opposite
- Top 5 pizza places in Manhattan - pizza day
- Eat a giant burger
- Top 5 trendiest restaurants in NYC - visit them
- Top 5 trendiest cafes in NYC - visit them
One day business ideas
- Create a novelty product for less than $5 and sell it on Etsy. Be ridiculous
- Make a minibook of 101 interesting r/showerthoughts - sort by popularity
- Create a subscription box service - create a website and a service that sells some kind of subscription box service
- Create a recipe book - something with a clever gimmick that will sell
- Doodle on a piece of paper and sell it on Ebay. Donate 50% of the profit to a charity of your choice
- Bring back Weepuls. Create a “theme” and market them -
- Earn $200 in cash by the end of the day - Figure out some new hustle
- Create a coffee table book about something interesting (i.e. “Death Row Inmates Last Words”)
- Write a book about something you’re good at. Print it at a print shop, create a cover and sell it on an online marketplace - too much work, unless you can do it in a day.. or a weekend... on adderal
- Create a facial care beauty product and sell it on Etsy - mud soap?
- Create a tooth care beauty product and sell it on Etsy - charcoal toothpaste?
- Design a special plant holder (i.e. clay pot) and sell it on Etsy
- Start a non-profit business and reach out to charities that may help you promote in exchange for 50% of the profit
- Give tips on running a business, freelancing, digital nomading
- Create a “rapid prototype” brand where you come up with a new business idea every day, create the business/product, then test the idea (or at least promote it)
- Make a WordPress website that reposts content from Steemit and puts Adsense ads on it
- Buy a positive cash-flow website from Flippa
- Why the Snake Diet is the key to aesthetics and health
- What nootropics to take for productivity
- What peptides to take for general health, healing, muscle mass etc
- Are herbal supplements worth it or a waste of money?
- What kind of workouts should you do?
- What's the ultimate workout?
- Is Crossfit legit or nah?
- How to stop being a fat piece of shit
- How to lose weight with minimal thinking
That's all folks. Leave a comment and let me know what you think about some of those video ideas and/or if you have any unrelated feedback. Be brutal.