Hi all! Summer is already here and as I told you, my garden got delayed (because I am lazy).
Obviously, I have to do something in order to get back on track.
Say hello to Stinging Nettles!
Organic gardeners on the Internet said the fertilizer brew from this plant is somekind of holy Grail in any garden.
And that because it contains all the nutrients we need. Moreover, undiluted it can be used successfully as herbicide or for accelerating the composting process in your compost bin.
The thing is, this one stinks! I mean the smell of it can make you believe that something (or someone) died and is rotting.
Ok, it seems like for fertilizing purpose you need a 10/1 dilution ratio and as foliar 20/1.
- Gather some nettles in the Spring time.
- Chop it down and drop all in a bucket
- Fill the bucket two thirds with water.
- We need something heavy on top of all those choped nettles.
- Put a lid on that and leave it somewhere for about three weeks (make sure is outside or somewhere you don't feel the smell)
- Strained and diluted as you wish.
This is all for now, gotta get back to work! In the meantime, if you are passionate about Homesteading, Off-grid, Prepping, or anything related to. You may want to start following :
@gogreenbuddy is having a daily contest, check out his page :).
Esti roman si cumva inca nu ai aflat de comunitatea romaneasca pe steemit? @steemromania este contul comunitatii, de altfel poti sa te alaturi discutiei pe serverul Discord al comunitatii https://discord.gg/nexBgBG.
My video is at DLive