You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Becoming Great or Becoming you? Harder Then it Looks - Lets Talk About it #discussion

in #discussion7 years ago

This is EXACTLY what I talk about!!! Throughout my life, I have been snubbed in many ways and have been told to adopt certain pathways just because they were either in trend or they were the 'right' thing to do as declared by the society. My husband went through the same for the majority of his life and suffocated deep down too. Luckily for us, we are now in a much better place emotionally and psychologically because we now don't let the influences around us affect us negatively.

In religious context, in the school systems, even in social circles - the strongest voice, the perceived authority figure would communicate as fact, and for the most part everyone went along with it.

This is exactly what happens here in Pakistan too and is quite a major reason why depression is prevalent here. My husband and I are trying our best to bring a positive change in our social circle and are raising our son in a way that he doesn't let the people affect him negatively. I write about similar topics too. Feels so good to have gone through this post. #discussion is exactly what we need to do to help people embrace their originality and become peaceful in their skin.

Sort:  

its great to meet you! thanks for reading along and being apart of this platform and the #discussion tag - will see you around the cryptoverse! Great to hear about you and your husbands victories!

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.20
TRX 0.13
JST 0.030
BTC 64364.24
ETH 3416.30
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.48