You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Another Day, Another Post - How I'm Handling The Current Price

We're on the same page when it comes to who to support. The middle class has been somewhat neglected for so long that we're now seeing the error of our ways. Many of the minnows who've I've personally tried so hard to support didn't choose to build themselves up and aren't even around now to vote for. There are still some that show promise and if they're willing to work through these bumps in the road, I'm more than happy to help. We all took a pay cut and if they can deal with my vote being a lot smaller than it used to be, hold, they should be able to reap the rewards, later.

Many of the new accounts could be taking full advantage of strength in numbers instead of waiting for handouts from everyone else. They changed the rewards curve so long ago to give them more power, and yet it seems like many refuse to take advantage of that. They think a two cent vote is nothing, but when we all started, it would take 100 minnow votes to achieve two cents. That two cents can quickly turn into 4 if they play their cards right. Then 8, then 16. It just takes a bit of time.

Sort:  

So, much in here to agree with. They need to quit whining, buckle down and build their accounts. It is a speculation market. If you need .02 cents to live on recycle cans or something. We are all hoping our .02 turns into more.

Also, I to have spent a lot of time and votes on some minnows who are no longer here. Now, I feel it is a better move to empower them to help each other while we retain those who have put in the time and effort and HELD their stake. :)

I'm one of the minnows about to die. I hold out hope, but this is fading. I've been here one year and the biggest mistake I made was not reaching out to bigger accounts from the start. I thought a large circle of minnows would make up for that, but I was wrong. I have auto-voters who support me, I'm in qurator and sbi. I spread my votes as best I can - etc.

I have two friends that came in at the same time as me and both of them went for the big accounts tirelessly while I wrote posts about minnow tips, weight loss and art. They are both now near 5000 sp, and I cannot pay my rent. One of them told me early that no one under 10K sp was worth his time here. I think he is smarter than me.

I brought in about 20 content creators in various genres this year with the promise of good visibility for their work and payouts. All are gone now except my son @bxlphabet. When I die soon, he will too. He has been posting consistently and working on steemmonsters in discord and loves it. But this will come to an end.

I just passed my year here a week ago. It has been a very interesting year. But I dropped most of the other balls on my weight loss work and now am paying that price.

The reason a lot of content creating minnows do not fit in here is that we are not about building a stake in the future of a platform. Authors, artists, and coaches are on many platforms. We do not invest in them. We earn our daily bread from them. We are about keeping many balls in the air and trying to survive.

And this is what is says when you sigh up for steemit:
get paid for your good content.PNG
Nothing about the need to build up a stake. One of my content-creating friends sent me this snip when she left in November. She thought I was stupid to keep trying in such a difficult place. Not even the good price at the first of the year made her want to come back.

I think you have a good idea about building a middle class here. But the flood of people has to come from somewhere. One on my other friends who left said, "None of my moron fb friends could ever learn how to post here. They may be morons, but they are my morons, so I am going back over there."

And before you say he does not make money on fb - yes he does. Like me, he has affiliate links, books and coaching there and does pretty well with it. I wish I could say the same, but I have neglected everything else for steemit to my detriment.

As for the current price? It's killing me.

So many people trying to earn in crypto are having a terrible time. The wild year is bound to have a difficult impact on nearly anyone who's primary source of income is crypto.

I also know some people who have been able to monetize their Facebook accounts through writing about products and services.

I had a decent chicken blog going on Facebook myself. However, it just wasn't a subject that was going to gain a lot of followers here. :)

I hope you can hold on, and if you need to find another income source, try to keep your blog alive by posting once in a while.

I don't know when or even if, but I do believe the markets will boom again.

Good wishes to you and your son

Chickens! I'm in a Thai neighborhood in Bangkok and chickens are everywhere. I have many posts about them, since this is such an interesting sight to me.

Thank you so much for your good wishes. I am trying to hold on and stay positive and comments like yours help me a lot.

It's simple. Your content is not interesting enough for majority of people. You need to speak in more interesting ways and about topics that actually are exciting. I almost felt asleep checking your page out.

Are you are traveler or do you need to lose weight?

Food, health, and travel are what I mostly post about. Since 40% of Americans are obese and 40% are overweight, I do think my topics are interesting enough for the majority of people, but I see you do not agree.

Please do me the favor to comment further so that I can improve.

Write about other topics too, something exciting.

What would be your top ideas for exciting topics? Consider that I am a 58 year old, female, weight loss coach, living in SE Asia.

I don't understand why your gender and age has any relevance. Now we are making everything digital.

Well, for example, I am not going to post about extreme sports.

well said, seriously nail hit on head
some of us have been here through a lot of the storms and we weather them and keep on
people can choose to be grumpy and unleash it on others or do something more "normal" and keep writing posts and creating content like this :) is our choice
bravo

When you say people need to focus on building their accounts, do you simply mean keep on posting? And does strength in numbers simply mean finding communities to join or is there something more to it?

Just wanting to check in case there's something I'm missing.

When one posts, they earn STEEM, Steem Power, and SBD. I guess what I mean by building the account is adding value to the wallet, mainly in the form of Steem Power, because having more Steem Power is what gives your vote more weight, which means you can place more rewards on someone's post. More people around having higher powered votes means more people can earn more. So the more you build each other's accounts up in value, the more you'll earn over time if you consistently help one another out.

There are far more of you with low value accounts than there are with high value accounts. If you worked together, you'd all slowly but surely be able to build each other up, get higher and higher valued votes, and earn more and more.

Use the internal market to sell SBD for STEEM, then power it up along with the STEEM you earn. If and when the value of STEEM rises, so will the value of your account, and your votes will be worth more as well. What I mean by building up the account is stockpiling as much Steem Power as you possibly can by posting and earning, then use that Steep Power by voting for one another instead of not voting at all or wasting the small votes on posts that already have hundreds of votes. Don't spend, just hold. It pays off in the long run.

Right, okay, I getchya. Thanks. Yeah, that's what I've been doing. So do you think most people with low value accounts *aren't * doing that but are cashing out instead?

That's not an option for me, living in Australia. Cashing out 20 bucks isn't worth it :) But if I was in, say, Venezuela, I would be paying myself out to buy a million dollar loaf of bread.

I'm hoping to continue to build up my account as I grow. I'm a bit nervous about that actually as out in the fiat flatlands I'm broke. I would hope that I would resist paying myself out for 200 bucks in the real world every now and then and instead reinvest it but I guess I'll wait and see on that one.

Whatever people do with their money is up to them but it doesn't make much sense to cash out as it comes, yet some folks do, yes. It's easier to find reasons to support people who can in turn support others than it is to find reasons to support people who just want to take the money and run.

Even these folks in need would benefit from posting more now and holding on for a few months or years instead of just giving up completely because the value of the tokens dropped. They could buy a bakery instead of bread if they'd just play their cards right.

Sure. But some people are in such dire straits that they can't make the more rational decision because they need that pittance now. Building up for the future is not an option open to everyone, unfortunately. But I get what you mean.

But some people are in such dire straits that they can't make the more rational decision because they need that pittance now.

Very true. Couple days ago I was reading the new reports on world poverty they released and it said some people in Africa live on less than a buck sixty a day. Can you even imagine?

But they lived, and got this far in life without the added income a place like this can provide. If they continued to live, while working here, and holding on, living longer, they could have a life beyond the loaf of bread.

Logically you and I are well fed enough to realize that. When people are hungry they don't see things clearly, they are just to busy trying not to feel the pains of hunger. I started posting on a site that mostly did middle east stuff, actually it was rather funny because it basically consisted of this guy at the time who ever night bellowed out his anguish over the issues in the middle east. So I just started posting other news while reading the stuff he posted. I didn't know much about the middle east but he tolerated me while mocking my main stream news fetish. He couldn't keep up with me so he made me a moderator as I posted anything and everything I could find but he also kept challenging me to take a look around the world and find out what really goes on. It was a eye opener for me, I got so depressed I had to quit, he insist I come back and I did a couple times but ultimately left because the site grew and I couldn't handle people celebrating when a cafeteria or airport would get bombed and a lack of understanding about the amount of hate in the ME towards one another let alone against foreign intervention. I thought if I just went about doing my postings I could ignore it all but it was to much to overcome. Kids living underground in bombed out buildings, people living in cardboard shacks, living in muddy fields with fences keeping them contained. I always thought that somewhere someone was taking care of the rest of the world, that airplanes just dropped food into places where people were starving. I think a lot of people live their lives like that, they just think someone is handling it but it's far from the truth. I started feeling guilty going into a Walmart and stopping in at Subway to eat a sub and look out over into the produce section and start thinking about people living in muddy fields and how much of that food that didn't get sold would go into the trash or how it seemed unfair that we had more than some could dream of. I would buy flowers to plant in my yard and start feeling guilty that people were starving while I was busy planting flowers so my yard looked nice. Last summer I went out and bought a air conditioner. I didn't think about it at the time but when I got it home I went to open the box and it said made in China. I thought about people living stacked fifteen high in bunk beds living on the property of their employers who charged them rent and made them work sixteen hours a day....I honestly don't think I've been completely the same exploring the real world, it seemed like it was never going to stop. Having my grand kids over I had to have chicken nuggets, chips, ice cream, juice pouches, snacks and more snacks...guilt, guilt, guilt...I know ignoring it isn't the answer, putting it out of my head, maybe that's what's wrong with the world...I had to come to terms with myself I am only one person and I can't change the course. Probably more than you wanted to hear...lol, me blabbering on and on, realities can be harsh, real harsh.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.28
TRX 0.12
JST 0.032
BTC 66739.81
ETH 3087.19
USDT 1.00
SBD 3.73