Sort:  

I also disagree that steemit is full of intelligent people .. smart people are everywhere .. if you suggesting that intellect is abound here on steemit . I say look around ... plus it can also be easily argued that steemians (all of us ) are only motivated to post because there is a promise of making money .. and hence many of the posts here are just rushed up posts .... I think that paying to post is good .. but that should never be the forte of any platform .. the platform itself needs a USP ... as stated earlier there are a few out there like steemit ... cheers

Hello @navala

People think that the USP of Steemit is money, that is a broken mentality.

The USP of Steemit is that it gives everyone a voice and that voice in turn can be leveraged when the community gets an increase in numbers.

People are runnign around looking for the money when there are a Billion opportunites lying around, if people can just realise that the most Important thing they can do at this point is to build Strategic relationships that they will benefit them down the line, then this SBD rush will reduce.

I am not saying the Money is not important, i still get sad when any of my post does not make much because I know the level of work I put into it. But I keep reminding myself everyday that it is about the long game and not the short term benefits.

The people who are collecting all the huge bucks going into social media influencer Marketing are the people who got onto those platforms early and made a name for themselves.

@ogochukwu

#blockchain-blogger

You are right many. Relationships and networking are where its at.

Good point ...let me know other sites that pays you more than steemit including the ability to learn and join solid communities. I agree FB has powerful people especially investors because it is a public company and the leader in social media segment. However how much have you gotten from FB? any hope of ever making it big there? for me, the difference is clear

It's not about making more money here or anywhere .. i can easily argue that steemit voting system is quite unfair ( you have power you vote ) and someone makes money .. every vote should be counted as 1 vote ( like in any voting system ) . FB doesn't have to pay .. even if they started to pay a measly sum right now thet would destroy most competition .... my point is the platform ( btw I ain't on Facebook ) ... FB changed the world .... steemit ( sorry to say ) .. isn't about to do that ... this isn't groundbreaking Social media innovation .. cheers

Remember that FB is based on monopoly and ripoff strategy..they make billiosnwith our datas and sell it to companies for advertisment money. Do they share a cent with you? people tend to be ungrateful to a platform that gives many the opportunity to mk something. Moreover , those peoplemaking it mostly invested in steem power and deserves their reward.
Some work hard and make money daily by commenting prudently ...you have to make your choice..play hard or quit?

I think Fb is monopolising ... but your argument is respectfully flawed .. at various levels .. as I noted .. as for steemians who have invested in steem power great .. but you can't tell me that are so many scammers here that haven't earned their power fairly .. every day I and thousands of users get messages to give someone SBD or whatever for your posts to get voted .. plus there are programs out there that can assist with followers ... how is that playing hard ? I don't mind playing hard .. but the field isn't a level one - cheers mate .. enough said - good luck

Your point is ok however still flawed with a lot of limitations. Let me know a platform that is not fraught with scammers ? FB?
Steemit , on the other hand, will give you the opportnuity to earn even if you are not a whale !!! I know many members from Developing economies (Nigeria, Indonesia , Pakistan , India , Ghana etc) that started here wihout money and are very comfortable now. They based their strategy by commenting and earning steem , powering up, joining communities and grow gradually...did FB give them such chance or make them selfie junkies?

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.18
TRX 0.14
JST 0.029
BTC 57979.07
ETH 3124.67
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.36