You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: People, Prices, Haggling and Other Inconsistencies

in #discussion6 years ago

howdy sir denmarkguy! haha! I have no idea why people behave the way they do but I'll read the comments and your replies and I'll probably have the answer!

Sort:  

Well, you're a clever guy @janton... you can often learn a lot more from watching others than by simply jumping onto center-stage, yourself.

Most people's behavior baffles me, at the best of times...

sir denmarkguy! you have some of the best commenters on this post, very thought-provoking! Plus, you yourself should be an expert after watching the behavior of people in your shop for so long. Actually I don't know how long but I assume for many years?

bytheway, did you auction off that painted rock?
I love the concept that you were using and really wanted to bid but I'm saving every penny trying to get to 500 sp or I would have been in it.
500 sp sounds like a LONG way away! lol.

Hey Jonboy, well yes, peoplewatching is one of my favorite things to do. I had a store in Austin for 14 years back in the 80's and 90's; now we've had this one here for a few years, and you certainly do get to see the good, bad and ugly, when it comes to human behavior and tastes.

I understand about wanting to save up your SP; your delegation from Asher should help you get there sooner. That particular painted rock didn't sell, but I will try another one soon... last year, I sold four or five of them, using the same system and it went quite well. I just like the idea of trading with fellow Steemians.

howdy this fine Friday sir denmarkguy! oh that's very cool that it worked well last year to sell them that way, I love the concept and will participate when I get my account built up.
yes the delegation has been a true blessing but he said yesterday that he would have to take it back at the end of the month so I'm dreadfully low again! lol. man this stuff grows slow!

And I appreciate your posts too but I've found that I'm maxed out on how many people I can keep up with so I don't get there each day at least at this point, but at some point I will whittle it down.
the Engagement League has me a little too spread thin!
I guess the business didn't do well enough to stay in Austin?

Steemit does definitely take some patience! And a lot of people never get their accounts up to much of anything because they drain the earnings almost as soon as they get them.

Yeah, I know Asher is going through his own version of lean times, having to take a job as a bartender to to make ends meet, but I guess we just do what we have to do to make it.

I'm not surprised you can't keep up with everyone... you keep up an almost insane level of engagement every week, and even though many of your comments are like this — basically part of a "conversatio" — you still must be spending most of your time doing this. I just have a few hours here and there, and some days not at all.

The Austin business struggled from 1991 on... first we had a major road construction project at our from door (sound familiar?) when they decided to upgrade 183 from "surface street" to "freeway." That took the wind out of our sails for three years; almost immediately after, the landlord of our shopping center went bankrupt... and we just couldn't dig out.

By the end (1999) I was just ready for a change of scenery and moved west...

wow sir denmarkguy! so you basically got wiped out for no reason of your own, it was just back luck to be in that location at that time, dang! that had to be hard to take.
is business still stagnant where you are now? or level and not improving in sales?
yeah I read that post of Asher's about the bar tending, hard to see him in that job after being used to seeing him as such a fulltime steemit leader!

but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!
thank you sir for your always thoughtful replies and supreme logic!

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.29
TRX 0.12
JST 0.033
BTC 63071.06
ETH 3121.31
USDT 1.00
SBD 3.84