You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Discussion - Towards the Future: Creating a better World We All Want to Live In

in #discussion7 years ago

a better world .. hard to define
I think the Yin and the Yang is meant to exist so I don't know .. perhaps the world is meant to be as it is
and perhaps in the future we'd say what it is like right now
is already better .. and if it turns out the other way around then great
I've been here for almost 40 years and if there's one thing I remember .. people seemed to have a better world in the past where I came from cause everything was pure and clean but then am from Asia so I can't speak for the whole world now am in the EU it feels like the past here
everything is so clean and many things are still organic perhaps we could .. if we'd all want it .. we could create a better world than what most of us have now

Sort:  

You bring up something interesting we haven't previously touched on with this discussion... the differing stages of development in different parts of the world.

For example, I was born and raised in Denmark, which tends to be a world leader in things like organics, sustainability, alternative energy and such. It's also a "welfare state." Now I live in the USA, which is also a wealthy nation, but the philosophical approach to life here is different... the emphasis on ME rather than WE is stronger here, which creates a different dynamic.

Many parts of western Europe are "old" nations now-- they are not "developing" anymore, so the lessons learned from strong growth are far in the past; in parts of Asia that are now growing quickly, the same lessons of the consequences of rapid growth without "taking care" are perhaps yet to be learned... take China which became suddenly industrialized and "suddenly" had to deal with the consequences of pollution... and now has a very large "green" industry. It's probably a learning phase for ALL.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.17
TRX 0.14
JST 0.029
BTC 59165.12
ETH 2617.93
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.43