You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Artificial Intelligence: What will it be like?

in #discussion6 years ago

It puts the human in control and on top of the food chain. AI will change this for the first time in history and forever.

assumption right off the bat to start, not good. Why would AI need to even be part of the food chain? Like some robot is going to want to eat a humanburger with feta cheese on top and tittie tots? I don't think so.

Why compare AI as an invention they see as dangerous ie: steam machine, railroad, the airplane, and electricity, none of these even came close to a potential of killing millions and millions of people, they do but not in the context he is presenting, (once again an assumption and misleading comparison) ...* were deemed dangerous falls short and is unfortunately misleading.*... he should have used the Atomic Bomb as an example.

Never before our intelligence as core defining and distinguishing attribute as a human and thus our leading role on the planet has been challenged.

I have no college or university education and that sentence to me is complete gibberish, so if some can put that in an understandable to a high school grad, I would appreciate it.

I think I am done commenting on his post. Now will read the rest and add a final conclusion.

I could not finish Wolf Garbe post. The MS chatbot was not AI, the Tesla Auto drive is not AI, at best they are only Programed Intelligence. They were programed with parameters that they can not deviate from. They do not think they respond. AI, Artificial Intelligence, is capable of thinking. of forming its own thoughts and acting on those thoughts. There is no AI, and it is now where near ready for prime time, or any time soon.

I guess I was just not in the mood to read the second one, I read a little bit, but both of them seem to have an issue with what is AI. I guess a lot of people have that problem. Is automation AI? Really if so then Henry Ford was the first to maximize AI in his time. So AI has been around a long long time if they are seeing and view AI as Programed Automation.

AI, when we get it will be a blessing in disguise. True AI, not Programmed Intelligence, not programed Automation.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.16
TRX 0.15
JST 0.028
BTC 56542.34
ETH 2391.51
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.30