@utopian-io is has ceased operating but I still want to keep you guys up-to-date with my occasional contribution to the code of the Condenser (steemit.com) and Wallet (steemitwallet.com) apps.
Fix for #3473 - Pending payout amount box too small (Condenser), created by myself.
I noticed that the little popup window where the pending payout info is being displayed is often too small and the text overflows outside of the box. This usually happens for posts that have a good payout. So I added some CSS tweaks to allow it to expand if needed to a specified maximum width.
This was a very simple and quick fix.
Before the fix:
After the fix:
Pull request: #3474
Improvement for #3480 - Don’t two ads in the comments when there are less than 5 (Condenser), created by @justinw
When a post has not received any comment or less than 5, the comment block is displaying two ad banners that are too close to one another. The suggestion solution was to only display one out of the two.
Another simple fix that helps getting a better user experience from the Condenser (steemit.com).
Pull request: #3483
New feature for #78 Display Steem Power APR in the user wallet page, created by @thecryptodrive
Did you know that you can earn about 2.25% annual interest by powering up your Steem? 10% of the inflation is distributed to SP holders. That means that by just holding Steem Power and doing nothing, you still get more SP in the end. This information is now being displayed in your wallet.
After discussing with several people to find out the formula and where to gather the data from, I quickly implemented the feature.
Pull request: #81
Previously on my blog:
- Witness Earnings Weekly Report - 2019-09-03
- My contribution to Steemit Condenser development
- Keychainify on direct access to a SteemConnect URL
- Keychainify - Trigger a Steem Keychain transaction from clicks on SteemConnect links
Vote for my witness
On Steem, Witnesses are playing the important role of providing a performant and safe network for all of us. You have the power to choose 30 trusty witnesses to package transactions and sign the blocks that will go in the Steem blockchain. Vote for me via SteemConnect to help me do more useful projects for the communities.
|I'm a member of||these communities|
- The image at the top has been generated with the Canva app using my own photo.
Banner by @josephlacsamana
Protect your money against Phishing Scam!
Cryptos accounts are the target of international scammers because they want your hard earned money!
Those people are very clever and in a moment of inattention, you've given them your login and password!
I've created a Chrome extension that can help you detecting scam links!
Password and Private Keys security
You all know that your Steem password is the access to all your STEEM, SBD, posting, transferring, everything... right?
So, please, follow these simple steps and keep yourself safe:
- Apart from the initial setup of your account, NEVER use your password ANYWHERE, if stolen, it will give full control to your Steem account.
- Backup your password and keep it somewhere safe. Use a password manager like Lastpass, print it on paper and put it in a safe (no kidding). If you forget your password, no one can help you out.
- To login for creating content and curating, use your Private Posting Key
- To make transfers and account operations, use your Private Active Key
- To encrypt and decrypt memos, use your Private Memo Key