Quest post week thirty two: Ogers (part three)

in darklands •  last month 

Maxwell killing the wolf in front of him, they moving back to hide. blaze is barking and everybody can see him and maxwell in the tree line. @cyber.explorer is running past him on the way to kill the oger in front where maxwell just where. his hammer hits hard the oger is dead. he notest he is all alone in the front better stand ready.

around from the rock and wolf and two ogers are attacking him. his armor is strong but he needs help.
@cyber.explorer can here blaze barking ses two ogers whit cross bows stepping out. and taking aim. one of them hits Maxwell two times. the second one hits @methus two times. @methus is barely standing up.

lane783054__340.jpg

@hhayweaver ses one oger he is away from the rest. aiming carefully. the arrows hits the big oger is staggering a bit then he falls to the ground its dead. @hhayweaver is running in the the forest to hide. me kneeling down and laying ready to strike. on his side opposite @stever82 hits and oger in the forest on the hes he gets two good hits in but the oger is strong he trying to hide. but he manage to fall over a oger coming at him. he is ready. the chief ogre ses the attacking is going there way. he is in the open forest now summing a new wolf and sending it at the one enemy in the front

ogers5.png

down the road a bit gob is traveling he got a get message from the outpost of the colonists trying to get a peace agreement in place and helping the goblinds.. gob was thinking to jone the mission but he is distract of the nice surroundings and taking his good time to find the colonists.

you all are in combat no snike attack

Darkland wiki
https://steemit.com/rpg/@darklands/how-to-do-darkland-tutorial-wiki-regions-and-quest-rules-update-1-0#comments

Overview over all Colones and Quest Rules.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yVIjhPnBVNHxymHEYQU-8-VolVaiTn8Us9iJWmcHaqU/edit?usp=sharing

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

@cyber.explorer (ale,sausage,wolf pelt,wolf tooth amulet, 10 (the dam added to the weapons)
weapons (+5 two-handed iron hammer /w gem 8 dam)
4 hit points (17 of 28 Armor)(wounded)
1 healing potion

playerCyber.png

"Chief of Security" Maxwell (ale,amulet) 8 to hit. with Blaze w/spiked collar(+2 dam)
weapons (+5 one-handed iron hammer w/gem 5dam)
4 hit points (4 of 20 armor)(wounded)
1 healing potion

playermaxwell.png

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

@happyme (ale,ring, Moose sausage, Eye of accuracy) 8 (dam and range hit added to weapons)
weapons (+7 bow gem 7 dam)(+5 iron sword gem 7 dam)
4 hit points (30 of 30 armor)
1 Greater Healing potion

playerhappyme.png

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
@stever82 (boar fangs amulet,+1 dam bear cub) 7
weapons (+5 bow 3 dam)(+5 iron sword/ gem 4 dam)
4 hit points (10 of 15 armor)(wounded)
2 health potions

player steven.png

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

@hhayweaver (Ring,bear amulet) 8 (ranger helmet has added it to the bow)
weapons (+5 Bow 4 Dam)(+5 Sword 2 dam)
4 hit points (11 of 11 armor)

playerhhayweaver.png

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
@methus (ring,amulet) 7 (wizard armor + added to the staff)
weapons(+9 dark staff 2 melee damage and +2 spell dam)(+4 armor iron Shield)
2 of 4 hit points (0 of 18 armor)(wounded)
2 healing potions

Playermethus.png

Spells: Dark Missile, Dark Heal, Fireball
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Ogers 5
weapons (+5 giant spike club 5 dam)
20 hit points

Oger 5
weapons (+5 giant spike club 5 dam)
12 of 20 hit points (wounded)

next to @cyber.explorer in F5 Dark red

playeroger.png

summon wolf 7 (+2 charge attack distance)
weapons (+5 teeth 3 dam)
6 hit points

playerwolf.png

chief ogre (+2 dam added to the wepond barbarian ale) 7 (Cleric)
weapons (+7 Cleric staff gem 8 dam)
20 hit points (25 of 25 armor)
1 Greater Healing potion
spells: heal,summon wolf, rock shield, bless

playerbossoger.png

oger archer (ale,amulet,ring) 9 (ranger)
weapons (+5 cross bow 8 dam)
20 hit points (10 of 10 armor)

playerogeranger.png

DARKLANDS.jpg

Authors get paid when people like you upvote their post.
If you enjoyed what you read here, create your account today and start earning FREE STEEM!
Sort Order:  

Hiding here in the woods I am in stunned disbelief. When everything seemed to be going our way, suddenly two ogres step out from behind a large rock carrying what amounts to ballistas and proceed to hammer Maxwell and Methus. Then I hear cyber.explorer and Maxwell call for retreat, the fear and dread are welling up in me, just I prepare to run and join my companions I see happyme and stever82 emerge from hiding fire an arrow each into the ogre and retreat back into the woods and hide. I see the plan but feel it may be too little to really turn the tide of this battle. But I will try to use this tactic this one time and hope for reinforcements. I begin to pray and I prepare to shoot.

·

Action 1: Shoot from hiding the archer ogre at H2 @rolld20.
As I emerge from hiding i shout to @methus to run we will cover you.

·
·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 20-sided die.

You rolled a 18.

·
·
·

Action 2: Duck back into the woods and try to hide @rollthedice

·
·
·
·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 6-sided die.

You rolled a 4.

·
·
·
·
·

Damn, I trip and stumble as I try and hid, no way they didn't see me. At this point I think the best bet is to move 6 squares south and try and hide again @rollthedice

·
·
·
·
·
·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 6-sided die.

You rolled a 1.

·
·
·
·
·
·
·

Thank god I managed to get hidden again. Now I pray for reinforcements.

After taking two surprisingly strong hits seemingly from out of nowhere, and seeing his companions either disappearing or taking many hits as well, Maxwell decides the best move is not to play right now.


Feeling outnumbered in an apparent strategic ambush by the ogres, Maxwell gives a clear whistle to fall back, retreat, and save this battle for another day (with better planning and reinforcements). Wondering to himself if the goblins had set them up this time...


Maxwell and Blaze then run (18 squares) south, and try to hide in the forest.
@rollthedice

·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 6-sided die.

You rolled a 3.

·
·

Maxwell and Blaze were able to hide, he hopes his companions heard his signal and do the same!

·

Sneaky bastards!

Seeing that we are outnumbered, over-powered and over-armored, the only chance we have is to stay hidden.

If we can sneak attack those 2 archers, we might stand a chance fighting off the others. I can't see the chief from where I am, so taking out the chief is not an option for me at this time, so I'll try attacking the archer at H2. (13+5=18 to hit)

·

Action 1: Shoot the archer at H2 with my bow (7 damage). @rolld20

·
·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 20-sided die.

You rolled a 12.

·
·
·

The arrow penetrates his thick armor and he flinches with pain then looks around to see where that pain came from.

Action 2: Hide @rollthedice

·
·
·
·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 6-sided die.

You rolled a 2.

·
·
·
·
·

I am now again hidden in the forest and the ogres haven't got a clue where that arrow came from.

Action 3: Stay hidden and silent, waiting for another chance to strike!

OOC: Note to fellow colonists:

I think we will need to play this way for now. Take ONE shot and then you have 2 tries to hide. It will take forever with the amount of armor the GM assigned these characters, but that is our best hope of success. This is not a medium quest; I would rank it as hard since the introduction of the archers. I think our bit of luck on the 1st strike threw the GM off about how strong we really are.

·
·
·
·
·
·

@happyme you can do a dubbel turn reason: yestedays turn.

OOC: yes a know this one when the wrong way. on the scale a had so much lock on my turn hit all the shots etc and when 2 didt do damage .

·
·
·
·
·
·
·

OK, thanks! I'll attack the archer at H2. (13+5=18 to hit) from my hiding place. @rolld20

OOC: Sorry everyone, I didn't have a chance to take my turn today. I've clearly paid a steep price for that. If they can basically kill me with 2 hits, I'm definitely out of my league here. Especially with no way to repair my armor, I'm inclined to run away back to the colony. Thoughts?

·

OOC: RUN!

·

Any way to go buy an armor potion? Or get a heal from our mage? There must be some way to avoid total retreat.

·
·

OOC: this is a retreat or die situation I believe...

·
·

I have a healing potion, but that will only get me up to 4 HP. I have a dark heal spell that will repair armor, but I can't target myself with it, only allies. I don't see another option.

·
·
·

I've got just 1 greater healing potion. Would you want to use it and then pay me back later? Of course, If I fail to hide twice in a row, I would also be forced to retreat or die.

·
·
·
·

What does greater healing potion do? Assuming it restores all health and armor, I would be interested in that. I have one back at my colony, and I can dark heal to help all of you, just not myself.

·
·
·
·
·

It gives up to 20 health and/or armor. I suppose we need to be close to each other to pass it over, so sneak up to where I am and take it from me so that I can keep attacking. We will get through this together.

·
·
·
·
·
·

Seems like a plan. That's what I did.

·

@methus as a option a can do your turn for you. just tell me its a part of the rules in..you can have a dubbel turn to.

·
·

Thanks, I know that's an option, I just got busy at work and life yesterday. Double turn doesn't help me too much, because I was planning to hide, since no enemies were available to hit. No problem, it's my own fault for not taking my turn. Now just have to figure out how to respond to the situation I'm in.

I am hit by a blow and stumble but I want to fight back so I charge attack him with my sword @rolld20

Posted using Partiko iOS

·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 20-sided die.

You rolled a 8.

·
·

My sword cuts into the Orge and my cub bites his leg yet I can tell he isn’t hurt much so I back off to e12 and try to hide @rollthedice

Posted using Partiko iOS

·
·
·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 6-sided die.

You rolled a 1.

·
·
·
·

I am now hiding and feel heard the word retreat. So I hold for now hoping to confirm.

Posted using Partiko iOS

·
·
·
·
·

I'll keep hiding and attacking for as long as possible. We get +5 to hit chance coming out from hiding each time, so chance to hit is greater provided we successfully hide. By making just 1 attack each turn, we have 2 chances to hide. It will take much longer, but is the safest option besides doing a full retreat and giving up. The ogres will have won and we will only be plagued by having them continue to block the trade route and perhaps even team up with the snake clan. We MUST succeed.

·
·
·
·
·
·

Besides, I had heard that Gob was coming to help us, so we will have a strong wizard arriving soon.

I hear Maxwell's signal to 'fall back' and think it's probably a good idea too.

I immediately turn to run (18 squares) south, yelling to my fellow colonist to draw back and regroup, as I go to hide deep in the forest...
@rollthedice

·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 6-sided die.

You rolled a 1.

·
·

I think I found a good spot to hide for now!

I wonder if the others heard me and are trying to hide from the ogres as well.

  ·  last month (edited)

For my turn I will move over to where @happyme is, and drink his greater healing potion. then attempt to hide. @rollthedice

·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 6-sided die.

You rolled a 1.

·
·

Successfully hidden and healed +20.

  ·  last month (edited)

gob is foloving the dirt road. he can hear birds singing. he ses some flowers on the side of the road he is stopping thinking to pick them. and take them home to his camp its no flowers ther maby he can trye and make a pot for them...then in the forest he can see a person running he recognize him its maxwell. before gob can shout maxwell is gone...gob is wakes up from his day dream the colonists most be in danger. he hurry up the road and trying to hear and see. around a corner he can see @methus he is standing in the middel of the road two large bolts are in his chest. in the forest gob can see the colonists and oger are romming a around them. in front of @methus he can see to large oger they are ready up ther crossbows and aiming at @methus..the oger has not seen gob he trying to put a berserk spell on one of them @rollthedice

·

I hear one of Maxwell's whistles in the forest and go to meet him at his hiding spot.

He tells me the he'd just seen gob wandering up the road toward the ogre ambush. But he doesn't think any of the others have followed us back yet.

I say, "We should go out to warn him!"

Maxwell replies, "Gob?! Maybe, maybe we should go out and smash him for leading us into this mess."

"But what if gob is here to help; he is a powerful mage I've heard." I say to Maxwell.

"Agreed then..." Maxwell says. "We will go follow gob and see what he has to say about this."

"and to check on the others too?" I suggest, "maybe we can figure out a way to help them."

"We will see..." Maxwell grumbles.

·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 6-sided die.

You rolled a 5.

·
·

he steps put an get spotted @rolld20

·
·
·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 20-sided die.

You rolled a 9.

·
·
·
·
  ·  last month (edited)

the oger starting sreaming at the oger archer next to him gob ses the oger in F5 trying to put a berserk spell on him to +16 to hit @rolld20

·
·
·
·
·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 20-sided die.

You rolled a 6.

·
·
·
·
·
·

this oger ses red going to atttack the oger next to him gob them casting a nettels wall infront of @methus from G10 to I10 @rolld20

·
·
·
·
·
·
·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 20-sided die.

You rolled a 18.

·
·
·
·
·
·
  ·  last month (edited)

a thik green wall of nettels are groving out of the ground the are blocking the line of sight to @methus gob notest @methus moved but he is now in cower and the wall is a place to run to cover non the less

the two oger whit crossbows are aiming one of them (G2 is tuning around and fire at his friend +14 to hit @rolld20

·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 20-sided die.

You rolled a 4.

·
·

the bolts hit him..second shoot @rolld20

·
·
·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 20-sided die.

You rolled a 9.

·
·
·
·

hit the oger in H2 is dead then he shooting at the oger in F5 @rolld20

·
·
·
·
·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 20-sided die.

You rolled a 4.

·
·
·
·
·
·

hit..

·
·
·
·
·
·
·

the oger in f5 is attacking his ally in e5 +10 to hit @rolld20

all the ogers can see is gob all of them is attacking him but he is a long way a way they get one attack each ogers +12 @rolld20

·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 20-sided die.

You rolled a 11.

·
·
·
·
·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 20-sided die.

You rolled a 11.

·
·
·
·

then the wolf @rolld20

·
·
·
·
·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 20-sided die.

You rolled a 6.

·
·
·
·
·
·

gob take 13 dam

the oger chief ogre is summon wolfs @rolld20

·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 20-sided die.

You rolled a 17.

·
·
·
·
·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 20-sided die.

You rolled a 13.

·
·
·
·

one wolf is moving @rolld20

·
·
·
·
·

Shake shake shake, you roll the 20-sided die.

You rolled a 3.

·
·
·
·
·
·

on more wolf