A Chat App, Truly on STEEM!
This APP is in Alpha, so please keep that in mind while using it
I am here to announce a new app I have made that uses the STEEM blockchain fully. This app has no database at all, everything is client side and blockchain based, as I realise we've all been forced to use Centralised Chat Apps this whole time. Admittedly this chat client isn't speedy-fast, but it's not untolerable, so I hope you all like it. Just remember the history is permanent, as it is embedded in the Blockchain.
How to use?
- Visit: https://streemjs-public-client--snaddyvitch-dis.repl.co/
- Enter your username to unlock the chat box. This is not verified, but when you send a client, it will use Keychain with that account, so it's advised to login as yourself to be able to use it.
- You should now see your user icon and a red button with a cross on it (logout/change username) and the chat box and send button will have been unlocked
- There is only one channel at the moment, so now you can type a message and send it. The box will disable itself while the message is being broadcast. Only people who are currently online will see your message due to the way the app currently works, as I said, this is early stages testing only, if it goes down a treat, I've got an idea for a system of 'miners' who store the history in a clean format.
- Confirm the transaction in Keychain (only keychain, steemconnect may be added later)
You can see who sent a message by hovering over their icon:
As you saw, I used bold in the message above, so what styles/tags do we allow in our client?
- Regular: Text
- Images (Max 1 Per Message):
P.S @lividseagulls where the hell are you?
- Small Text:
<a href="https://steem.tools/steemengine">Steem Engine Tools</a>
Feel free to leave feedback below,