Curie is one of the oldest community projects and has proven to be sustainable through the bad times and the good. Although Curie will continue operations if major delegation is not secured, operations will necessarily be scaled back as Curie is currently operating at a deficit.
Curie does not have the budget to pay current market rate for SP delegation but can give a small symbolic weekly return for major delegation (100,000 SP+ delegation). Please contact us on Discord to talk details: https://discord.gg/G6RPUMu
Curie is a meritocratic community curation project adding value to the community in many ways:
- Increasing the visibility of original, engaging content on the Steem blockchain by giving exposure to authors who are flying under the radar despite quality posting.
- Aiding user retention by giving engaged new users a taste of major reward and bandwidth to transact with the Steem blockchain (in form of Steem Power portion of author reward from @curie upvote).
- Discovering and empowering promising curators including support of interest/regional specific curation communities.
- Operating a community witness on the @curie account as well as operating full and seed nodes (our fullnode is available for API requests at:
100% of all Curie proceeds are returned to the community in the form of finder's/reviewers fees & operations pay for contributors. Curie does not self upvote any posting, reserving all available vote power to support other authors.
Other ways you can help
- Follow the @curie blog and upvote and resteem Curie posting
- Follow our trail and vote for curated authors. If you are a SteemAuto user, @curie is an available trail to follow.
- Vote for the @curie witness (all witness payouts are used to fund Curie operations).
- If you have received support from Curie in the past, consider telling your "Curie story" in a post using the #mycuriestory tag to raise awareness.
- Read the Curie Whitepaper at curiesteem.com
- Join Curie on Discord chat and check the pinned notes (pushpin icon, upper right) for FAQ and most recent Curie guidelines.
- Watch a vlog from Curie community representative @carlgnash explaining Curie operations.
- Check out the #mycuriestory tag to hear directly from authors and curators about what Curie has meant to them.
Curie - Increasing the visibility of original, engaging content
- Curie curators look for exceptional posts by engaged authors that are flying under the radar, and submit them for review by Curie reviewers (former top Curie curators).
- A Curie reviewer verifies that the post is exceptional, original (not plagiarized), original to Steem (not published elsewhere first), and the author has been engaged with the community and consistent in posting quality content without receiving major reward lately.
- Posts and authors meeting these guidelines are approved for upvote by the @curie account and accompanying vote trail.
- Particularly exceptional posts are resteemed on the @curie blog to over 16k followers.
- Curie curators nominate and invite ~10-12 authors weekly to be featured in twice-weekly Author Showcase posting on the @curie blog.
In short, Curie is helping to keep the "brain" in "proof of brain" through human powered curation and review.
Curie - Aiding user retention
*Post or comment
**All accounts with at least one post or comment (n=416,379)
Curie - Discovering and empowering promising curators
- The Curie curation community is centered around the Curie Discord channel.
- Anyone interested in curation is welcome to apply for the "prospective curator" role in the #general channel. Prospective curators can learn from Curie curators and each other while using the
#curation_linkschannel in the Curie Discord.
- There are ~90 active Curie curators monthly and currently 117 prospective curators.
- Curie curators receive a finder's fee per approved submission, rewarding quality curation.
- Curators receive a weekly curation score based on performance; top curators each week can recommend in a new curator.
- Objective performance targets are set; Curie is a meritocracy and any curator can achieve top curator status based on performance, and with consistent performance over time any curator can become a reviewer.
- Curie also supports interest- and regional-specific curation communities ("sub-communities"); each sub-community has developed its own rules & guidelines and has its own team of curators. The @curie vote and trail follows behind these sub-community curation teams at a reduced vote % (see the Weekly Update published every Sunday on the @curie blog for a complete list of sub-communities and sub-community leaders).
Show me the numbers
The Steem ecosystem is described as a place where "your voice is worth something" and content creators can "get paid for good content" (from the current advertisement to new users at steemit.com).
Curators paid: ~ 1,000
MYTH: Curie only supports lower REP authors
Curie has been around for a long time and you may have already formed an opinion based on the way Curie used to operate. At one point, Curie would not upvote an author who had passed an upper limit of REP 52. This is no longer the case. Curie now supports authors of any REP who are persistent in quality posting but receiving little reward recently. A quick look at the unique authors, posts and post payout on Curie upvotes in 2018 to date proves that Curie does in fact support authors of all REP levels.
You may be surprised how many of the established authors on Steem blockchain have received support from Curie:
* Note that a Curie upvote is typically sufficient to lift authors out of the bottom REP ranges 25-34
This chart shows what percentage of the total number of accounts in each REP band have received at least one Curie upvote. This is current REP and in the majority of cases the Curie upvote would have come while author was at lower REP. Given that there are a significant number of bots, group/community accounts, etc., the percentage of actual individual human authors who have received support from Curie is undoubtedly even higher!