Hello and welcome to Waves’ June review! Here you’ll find news of the most important events and highlights for Waves from the past month.
Waves named Best Cryptocurrency of 2018. This June the Waves Platform was honoured to receive the Best Cryptocurrency 2018 award from The-Blocks.com!
New DEX. The most recent set of updates brings the Waves DEX into line with the user experiences of the most popular crypto exchanges, and in fact offers even more sophisticated functionality than some of the top trading platforms.
- Waves Soccer Tokens. Waves has been running a great offer to help heat up the biggest sporting event of 2018. We have been issuing two special tokens: Soccer Token (SOCCER) and MutCoin (MTN). Both airdrops went really well!
‘Russian team played extremely well yesterday, but was quite unlucky. Mutcoin project is over, tomorrow [July 9] buy walls will be set at DEX and the coin will be bought back at 2 Waves apiece. RO-SSI-YA!!!’ — Waves CEO Alexander Ivanov.
Dev & Tech
- Version 0.13.4 of Waves Node released on MainNet. This is a mandatory release. Miners have to update to this release before the activation of the Data Transaction feature. We have made some changes to storage structure.
- Waves Data Service. A simple and convenient way for retrieving data from the Waves blockchain.
- How Waves community benefits from Vostok. Waves CEO Alexander Ivanov answers questions from the Waves community.
- Waves Ambassadors Programme. Our Ambassadors Programme is rapidly expanding. In June, Waves organised 14 meetups in Canada, Russia, Algeria, Nigeria, Venezuela, Spain, Portugal, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Indonesia, Austria and Turkey, with 300 attendees. Interested in joining the programme? Learn more here.
B2B & Events
Waves’ official statement on rumours of the company’s liquidation
In connection with blog and media publications on the liquidation of the legal entity for Waves that was registered in the UK, the Waves team officially states the following — we’re not going out of business. In fact, we’re very active and thriving. Learn more.
Amsterdam. Watch Waves CEO Alexander Ivanov talking about the development of the blockchain industry, potential use-cases and the features of the Waves Platform.
- TechXLR8 2018. An interview with Sasha Ivanov on blockchain innovation, bringing value to enterprises. Watch it here.
- How to run an ICO. Step-by-step instructions on how to organise alternative investment through an ICO.
- Waves Lab Launches Post-ICO Marketing. Waves Lab is completing its package of all-in-one services, helping to ensure that token sale projects become well-known, effective and stable.
Got an idea for a great blockchain project? Apply to join Waves Lab! Apply now.
Waves June Numbers
Articles & Media
- China’s Latest Government-Backed Crypto Rankings. China’s recent government-backed crypto rankings put the Waves Platform in 11th place.
- What is Fair Proof of Stake?. The modified algorithm FPoS can help bring greater fairness to the blockchain, as well as minimising the chances of an attack.
- These Tech Companies are Scoring Big at the World Cup. Waves launched an air-drop of 150,000 soccer tokens this year. Yes, you read that right: 150,000 tokens were distributed to fans’ wallets free of charge!
- Blockchain startups woo enterprises with private chain audit trail. Waves is getting into the space with the launch of Vostok, a universal blockchain solution for scalable digital infrastructure.
- Data Transactions Illustrated. Data Transactions are the lifeblood of blockchain and ensuring their proper operation is key to the system’s successful development and implementation.
- 51% Attacks And The Future Of PoW. A recent slew of 51% attacks suggests we might need to rethink the place of PoW in the crypto ecosystem.
- APIS: The Sweetest Token on The Waves Platform. We’ve always waxed lyrical about the benefits of blockchain for small businesses, but there are good reasons why this initiative has prompted such a buzz in the community.