Ripple - xRapid vs xCurrent
There is a lot of misunderstanding about how #Ripple works and the difference between #xCurrent and #xRapid. What seems people have confused is the Technology and the Currency and how they interact with the products Ripple has available, xCurrent and xRapid.
CEO, Brad Garlinghouse
- @ 3:24 Brad explains the difference between xCurrent and xRapid.
xCurrent - Solving the messaging and settlement process which exists in financial system. Enabling real time settlement and real time messaging between institutions.
- If you go to 4:09 on the video and Brand explains Xrapid XRP is used to solve a liquidity problem. XRP is used to settle Fiat.
You really can't get anymore clear than this.
Ripple has on boarded numerous banks and cross boarder transaction companies from all over the world. A few listed here are...
- Western Union - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-13/western-union-says-it-s-testing-transactions-with-ripple
- MoneyGram - http://fortune.com/2018/01/11/ripple-moneygram-xrp-cryptocurrency-bank-transfers/
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (SAMA) - https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-and-saudi-arabian-monetary-authority-offer-pilot-program-for-saudi-banks/
- UAE Exchange - https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-announces-partnership-with-mid-east-uae-exchange/?utm_content=buffer7b09f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
- LianLian - https://ripple.com/insights/lianlian-pay-joins-ripplenet-provide-faster-payments-china/
- MercuryFX and IDT - https://ripple.com/insights/more-global-payment-providers-idt-and-mercuryfx-sign-up-to-use-xrp/
and various other exchange and outlets.