You're on Steemit. So am I!
Do you run a contest?
If you have 30 seconds to spare and you can write 17 syllables, you can win 2 SBD, author rewards, and some free publicity. And also have some fun!
Read below for more about the contest instructions, how to participate, awards, and how I'll select a winner.
Write a haiku about dogs or a dog, or that references dogs in some way. You don't have to actually use the word "dog" as long as it's clear your haiku has something to do with dogs.
This must be a one-stanza, traditional 5-7-5 haiku like the ones described here: http://www.kidzone.ws/poetry/haiku.htm . Here’s an example:
You may submit multiple haikus, but you need to make each haiku its own reply. Each one will be considered a separate entry.
(Thank you @clurrr for the theme! Look for .005 SBDs for suggesting it.)
How to Participate
- Reply below with your haiku. Deadine: 11:59 pm UTC, May 31, 2018.
- Upvote this post. Deadline: 11:59 pm UTC, March 31, 2018.
That's it! But...
You should also resteem this post to increase the winner's prize and give yourself some free exposure! You can participate without resteeming -- I don't give preference -- but if you do resteem, it only helps you.
Also, post your entry on your own blog! Mention @vdux and I'll give you an upvote and resteem your post.
- 2 SBD
- Half of this post's author awards
- One free "shout-out" for winning
- One free resteem from me for any of the winner's posts. (You choose the post. There's no time limit but I reserve the right to refuse resteem any post I consider offensive or indecent -- I'll simply ask you for a different, non-offensive post.)
One runner-up gets:
- One free "shout-out" for winning
- One free resteem from me for any of the winner's posts. (You choose the post. There's no time limit but I reserve the right to refuse to resteem any post I consider offensive or indecent -- I'll simply ask you for a different, non-offensive post.)
How I Will Select the Winner
Within 2 days after the deadline, I will read all entries and choose a winner and runner-up.
While I'll take upvotes into consideration, my selection will reflect my personal preference based on the entries you submit. Usually I get at least 8 or more haikus I'd like to reward -- unfortunately I only have one winner and runner-up.
BUT if I get a high value of upvotes or donations, I'll increase the number of prizes.
Awesome job everybody who entered my previous contests:
@giddyupngo, @chrislyr, @mineopoly, @puppetmaster1111, @calluna, @yidneth, @creatr, @acousticsteveo, @blackant, @rlt47, @viking-ventures, @steemotion, @foxfiction, @lologirl, @creyestxsa94, @yahialababidi, @jadams2k18, @doughtaker, @ladyrai, @impending.doom, @andysantics48, @felixgarciap, @godstimetim, @gamsam, @antorchajohnny, @aniketmore1925, @mameh, @tygertyger, @kaelci, @felicitas, @ayyeenn, @dmilliz, @eprolific, @jvanman, @kimberlylane, @phoenixwren, @liverussian, @herbertholmes, @dizzyjay, @emdesan, @markeverlasting, @shawnsporter, @operahoser, @eaglespirit, @tomset, @millennialnow, @preparedwombat, @apeximomen, @melissakellie, @freedomno1, @moneyinfant, @mermaidvampire, @millennialnow, @mysearchisover, @yahialababidi, @givonwayne, @pinkgeek, @boxcarblue, @ablaze, @hope-k, @rexdickson, @crescendoofpeace, @digitokash, @theunlimited, @theodora87, @mysecondself01, @pocketmouse, @jacksondavies, @ohkaaay, @lazarus-wist, @dbooster, @janesmy081316, @dc420la, @redheadpei, @whitelite, @olymar248, @nenad-ristic, @trudeehunter, @bananamemos
FEEL THE HAIKU!!!