Steemit's Best Classical Music Roundup [Issue #12]
Finding and sharing the best classical music content on steemit!
In this issue:
- What's new?
- Roundup issue #12
- What is this initiative?
- How you can help
Image Source: Pixabay.com, License: CC0, Public Domain
1. What's new?
As always, we would like to express our sincere gratitude to all of the content creators who are helping the #classical-music related posting genres to grow on steemit.
2. Roundup issue #12
Since our last roundup post, there have been 23 new articles posted in the categories that we monitor, and we're still working our way through our backlog from previous weeks. We have shared ten articles from those and other categories on the Steemit's Best Classical Music Facebook page. In coming days, we will be sharing some of the others as we continue working to get caught up.
Here are the articles that we shared on Facebook. One is still eligible for payout votes, so you know what to do!
|Author||Title||Payout date||Share of this post's liquid rewards|
|@somtow||Gloria from Mozart's "Coronation Mass" in Bangkok||Closed||1/9|
|@samnebyu||Introduction of myself : Classical Violinist on Steem||Closed||1/9|
|@cmp2020||Sonata no. 1 Movement 2 (Original Composition) (Revised Version)||Closed||Declined|
|@buckydurddle||Anna Mercer & Brian Way performing Hark the eching air by Henry Purcell||Aug 24||1/9|
|@oliverwaterman||Some highlights of work I've done since I joined steemit||Closed||1/9|
|@titin||The Joy of Classics (33)||Closed||1/9|
|@katharsisdrill||Katharsisdrill recommends: Tristan and Isolde prelude to act I||Closed||1/9|
|@qsounds||Hans Zimmer - One of Hollywoods Best Movie Composers (music and more inside)||Closed||1/9|
|@timspeer||Canon No. 4 for harpsichord (original composition)||Closed||1/9|
|@somtow||Beethoven's Ninth from Thailand||Closed||1/9|
As with our previous roundup posts, each of these authors will receive a proportional share of this roundup post's liquid author rewards (Steem and SBD, not SteemPower).
(note: Although we don't curently envision changing this practice, this reward distribution is subject to change without notice, at our sole discretion.)
3. What is this initiative?
To introduce the wider community to steemit.com, we have launched the facebook page, Steemit's Best Classical Music, and we are monitoring a number of classical music related categories (and others) on steemit. We share the best posts that we find about classical music on our facebook page.
The point of this is to raise steemit awareness and visibility among people on facebook who share an interest in classical music. Additionally, to bring additional attention to the best articles and authors that we find, we also share periodic roundup articles here on steemit.
Standards for sharing are subjective, but here are some guidelines to show the kinds of the things that we look for:
- Original steem blockchain content
- Attractive formatting
- Well written grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
- Roughly 500 to 2,000 words in length
- English language text (Sorry, that's the only one we know.)
- Supplementary video embeds from other platforms - such as youtube - are encouraged when accompanied by original steem block chain content.
- Word length expectations will be relaxed for videos of original performances or compositions by the steemit author.
- Sharing of articles by a single author will be limited to one or two per week.
- To avoid spamming our facebook audience, sharing on facebook will generally be limited to one or two posts per day.
4. How you can help.
This initiative is intended to promote steemit, and to strengthen the classical music ecosystem here, so if you share these goals we would appreciate your support! Here are some ways you can help:
- Contribute your own original content about classical music to the steem block chain.
- If you have a facebook account, "Like" us here, and adjust the settings to see all of our posts.
- Reshare articles from our facebook page with your facebook friends.
- Resteem our roundup articles.
- Use your upvotes to support the authors of articles that we find and share.
- Let us know if there are any articles that we have overlooked.
- Delegate steempower to the @classical-music account to give weight to our votes for authors of classical content.
- Follow the @classical-music curation trail through streemian.com.
- This is a user driven initiative with no whale support, and we're making it up as we go, so we enthusiastically welcome your ideas.