Mycelium is one of the best secure cross platform wallets available. So, it's no brainer many Bitcoin hodlers chosen it to store their Bitcoins during HardFork.
However, with Mycelium there is no way to claim BitcoinCash airdrop.
So, today I am gonna show you step by step by tutorial on claiming BitcoinCash — if you stored your Bitcoins in Mycelium.
Note: Screenshots given here are from Mycelium android wallet, there might be difference on other platforms.
1.Open your Mycelium wallet. And get Master Seed of your wallet.
- Click on three dots on top right corner and click on Backup. Give a hell yeah to the confirmation message.
On next screen, it will show you 12 words one by one, make sure to write them at secure place.
Once you're done, Mycelium will ask you to confirm the words again.
2.Setting up things
Download and Install Coinomi Wallet
Open it, select restore backup.
- On next screen, enter the Master Seed that you got from Mycelium wallet. And leave BIP39 Passpharase box unchecked.
- Set up strong password on next screen, and click next.
- Select Bitcoin from the list.
Your wallet is ready. You will see your Mycelium Bitcoins here.
- Click on the top left menu, then click on + COINS and select BitcoinCash.
A pop dialog will appear, click on "Advanced Settings", in derivation path enter:
that's zero BTW
In description you can write whatever you want. In password field enter your password and click on add.
That's it, Let wallet sync and you will see BitcoinCash equivalent to Bitcoins in your wallet.