What is up Steemians!
In this post i wanted to talk about the dark side of this well-known beverage.
Don't get it too personal COFFEE lovers, i don't hate neither love coffee but if this post gonna make you give up on that, i would be so fckn happy :)
Coffee is like a drug for most of us. Think about how huge the number of people around the world starting their day with a cup of coffee before going to work. Some people enjoy coffee and apparently it does not cause them any health problems.
However, there are some potential negative effects of taking coffee, especially at certain times and when you are addicted to coffee, you will find it difficult enough to live even a day without it.
Drinking coffee from time to time you can even find some useful effects of this drink. If the coffee is fresh, quality and natural, it can improve vigilance and in the long term it can reduce the risk of developing Parkinson's disease, the appearance of gallstones and kidney stones, and reduce the risk of developing cirrhosis in over-drinkers.
On the other hand, there is also the harm of coffee. Continued use of this drink increases the risk of high cholesterol, heart disease and osteoporosis.
Quality ground coffee is a source of antioxidants, for example, chlorogenic acid, which helps with weight loss, and an extract of green coffee. In particular, food additives with a high content of this antioxidant have recently been quite popular and are used to reduce fat.
In fact, despite some possible benefits, for many of us, excessive coffee consumption can have a very negative impact on our health here and now, in particular, on our digestive and nervous systems.
7 Negative Effects of Coffee
1 . Coffee and hydrochloric acid
Drinking coffee on an empty stomach stimulates the production of hydrochloric acid. This acid should be produced only by digesting food. If your body begins to produce hydrochloric acid more often than not, due to the regular use of coffee, it can be difficult to digest a large amount of food.
The lack of hydrochloric acid in the stomach can especially affect the digestion of proteins. Protein foods can simply go further along the digestive tract before digested in the stomach. Undigested protein can cause various health problems, from bloating and flatulence to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diverticulitis and even colon cancer.
Undigested food due to the low amount of hydrochloric acid in the stomach can cause dozens of other health problems. There is even an unreasonable statement - "Almost all diseases begin in the intestines." Given this, you can understand why it is so important to limit everything that interferes with his normal work and periodically engage in cleaning the intestines.
2 . Ulcers, IBS and acidity
The damage to coffee in this case is what. Many of the compounds in coffee, such as caffeine and various acids found in coffee beans, can irritate the stomach and mucosa of the small intestine. This is a known problem for people suffering from ulcers, gastritis, irritable bowel syndrome and Crohn's disease. Usually patients with these problems are advised to completely stop using coffee. But the next question arises: can excessive coffee use contribute to the development of the abovementioned diseases?
Ulcers are believed to be caused by Helicobacter pylori bacteria. The sour effect of coffee weakens the resistance of the mucous surface of the stomach to H.Pylori bacteria. Drinking coffee can also irritate the small intestine mucosa, which can lead to abdominal cramps, colic and stool problems (constipation and diarrhea). This condition is known as irritable bowel syndrome and in recent years more and more people have suffered from this ailment. In diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, coffee is harmful.
3 . Heartburn from coffee
Acid reflux and heartburn can be caused by coffee due to the fact that it relaxes the lower esophageal sphincter. This small muscle should remain tightly compressed after eating, to prevent the contents of the stomach from returning back to the esophagus and damaging the mucous surface with hydrochloric acid. Caffeine, contained in the cola, energy drinks and other foods, as is known, also relaxes the esophageal sphincter, but causes the greatest harm - coffee.
Even decaffeinated coffee in some people can permanently cause heartburn. Researchers believe that other components contained in coffee are also capable of causing acid reflux.
4 . Coffee as a laxative
- The use of coffee can stimulate intestinal peristalsis. Some people use it intentionally as a laxative, but there is one problem. By stimulating intestinal peristalsis with coffee, we also help to accelerate the emptying of the stomach, as a result of which not completely digested food quickly passes from the stomach into the small intestine. In this case, the harm of coffee lies in the fact that it complicates the extraction of nutrients from food and increases the likelihood of inflammatory processes in the gastrointestinal tract of which we spoke above. You drink coffee with or without caffeine, it does not matter, and in both cases the coffee has a laxative effect and adversely affects digestion.
5 . The assimilation of minerals and coffee
People who drink a lot of coffee may lack minerals in the body, even if they eat foods rich in minerals or take nutritional supplements. In this case, the harm of coffee lies in the fact that this drink adversely affects the absorption of iron in the digestive tract and promotes the washing out of calcium, zinc, magnesium and other important minerals.
Although all these minerals are simply necessary to maintain good health, their deficiency can lead to various kinds of diseases. So for example, only a lack of calcium can lead to more than 150 different diseases, and coffee is washing it out of the body quite strongly.
If you are still a coffee lover, you need to include more foods rich in calcium and other minerals in your diet, or start taking mineral-rich preparations. Learn more about how to choose the right form of calcium.
6 . Acrylamide in coffee
- Acrylamide is a carcinogenic (cancer-causing) substance that forms when frying coffee beans. The darker the coffee beans, the higher the level of acrylamide in them. In the US, coffee has been recognized as one of the main (including fast food) sources of this dangerous chemical among all foods. The damage of coffee is obvious - acrylamide contributes to the development of cancer. Read also about the prevention of oncology and the causes of its occurrence.
7 . Coffee, stress and tension
A large number of drunk coffee contributes to the release of stress hormones - cortisol, adrenaline and norepinephrine. These chemicals increase the heart rate, blood pressure and mental tension. A surge of stress hormones due to drinking a cup of coffee before eating interferes with the digestive process. When your nervous system is agitated, the body spends energy not on purpose, resulting in energy for digestion is not enough.
Finally, caffeine in coffee is known to interfere with the metabolism of gamma-aminobutyric acid. This amino acid is a neurotransmitter involved in mood regulation and stress levels. It also has a calming effect on the gastrointestinal tract. Your mood and your digestive system are surprisingly interrelated. Unfortunately, here the harm of coffee brings both to one and the other because of the high level of caffeine in it.
Many people are so fond of coffee that they simply do not want to even listen to anything about its harm and those health problems that it can cause in the uncontrolled use of it. If you read this material, you may have a feeling that you need to reduce the amount of coffee you drink or even give it up altogether. The harm of coffee is great enough and you should be putting on one side of the scales - its great taste and effects, and on the other - your health. Think about it...
I found on the youtube the personal that literally shares my opinion and here is her video about 10 reasons why you should quit coffee.
Many people are very protective of their coffee and probably won’t like to hear all of these health problems associated with it. But if you've made it reading this far, perhaps you have a feeling that there could be some value in cutting down a bit or even replacing it altogether.
If you are experiencing any of the digestive problems above, or just feel coffee has you too on edge but don't know how to quit it, coming up next is a plan to replace the negative side effects of coffee with a new kind of drink that tastes similar but is actually healthy, as well as a simple way to reduce caffeine withdrawal problems when you make the switch.
If you still plan to continue drinking coffee, try some of these tips to make it healthier.
Do you think you might drink a bit too much coffee, but that it's become such a habit you find it hard to stop? Have you tried giving up coffee before, whether successfully or not? I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on how coffee affects you personally and your experiences with trying to give it up.
I know it is hard to give up on your daily routine habits...
Let's talk about the ways that we can replace this drink that actually become so cliche :)
My solution to gave up on coffee was just slightly switching my morning routine and using Green SuperFood Powder that actually gives more energy than coffee 4x
Here are 4 Main Reasons I Drink Green SuperFood Powder Every Day Instead Of Coffee and Why You Should Do It As Well.
4 Greens On The Go!
- Making Salads, Green Vegetable/Fruit Smoothies or Juices Is Time Consuming
- You Need To Buy Veggies/Fruits You Need to Wash/Cut/Blend/Juice
- You need to Wash The Veggies, wash the plates Blenders Juicers Etc.
- With Green SuperFood You Will Get all the Veggies In 1 Scoop
- And I PROMISE You it Tastes Great!
- Just Check Out How Many Veggies and Fruits They Add to the Powder
- Do Nutrients Keep Their Potency After Beeing Turned into Powder?
- Research Behind Green SuperFood Powders Prove that More than 85% Of Nutrients are Kept In Powder Form
- These Nutrients are Laying dormant until You Add Water To the Powder
- When Water is Added all the Nutrients Activate and You Drink this Awesomeness!
- Energy Boost!
- This Drink Is Proven many Times to Naturally Boost Your Energy
- Coffee Makes Your Brain Release The Energy Stored in Your body
- Green Powder Gives Your Body The Energy Of The Sun Stored i Veggies Through a Process Called "Photosynthesis"
- You Feel The Boost Of Instant Energy as You are Drinking Your Cup of Green Powder + Water
MAJOR Health Benefits
- Healthier Bones
- Healthier Eye-Sight
- Healthier Joints!
- Better Oxygen Transportation within the Body
- Muscle Recovery
- And Much More
Affordable And Long-Lasting
- 1 Bottle Will Last You For a Month
- It Costs around $30
- You will receive All Minerals, Micro-nutrients, and Vitamins Your Body Needs DAILY.
And look at his pic about how much we spend on COFFEE annual!!!
STILL NOT CONVINCING?
Final thoughts on Green SuperFood
- Absolutely everyone Should have Green Superfood Powder in Their Daily Diet!
- If You want to Be healthy, Vibrant, Have the Energy without Caffeine, You should invest into Green Superfoods.
- I do not Make any Commissions from any Green Powder Companies
- I have been Drinking Superfoods for over a Year and I will never Stop! :)
- It Costs less than $1 For 1 Scoop( 1 Serving of Nutrients)
- I hope this Helps You To make Healthier decisions and Live a better, Healthier Lifes!!
- Give Your Body all the Nutrients with $1 Investment!