TOP Network Weekly Report: September 23 — September 29
TOP successfully co-hosted the global hackathon Hack To The Moon in Prague, Czech Republic, on Sept. 28! To start off, TOP CTO Taylor and senior PR director Charles introduced TOP’s technical architecture to hackers, to help them get fully prepared for the two-day competition. We finally chose two teams as the winners — team “Defy”, who built a decentralized ID and authentication system, along with a distributed p2p file storage using TOP Chain and smart contracts, and team “Backstreet Hodlers”, who built a delivery system DApp based on TOP smart contracts. The two-day gathering was a huge success since it is our first time to host such a global hackathon, meaning that TOP’s technical stacks are applicable for global developers. As we began to open-source the code and the Mainnet launch is approaching, we will roll out more events to engage developers in, paving the way to build a prosperous decentralized in various aspects including technology, business, community, and more.
After successfully hosting a series of events in South Korea, Southeastern Asia, and Europe in the past month, TOP will continue to actively show up at more global conferences in October.
· On Oct. 16, TOP CEO Steve will keynote at IIT Real-time Communication in Chicago, an academic conference hosted by Illinois Institute of Technology. Invited by the host, Steve will talk about the blockchain-powered solution in the communication industry with industry experts and professors.
· Thanks to the successful debut at MWC Shanghai in June, TOP is invited again by the organizer to come back to the biggest telecom conference this month! TOP will show up at MWC LA on Oct. 23 to meet telecom giants and innovators around the globe.
· TOP will attend Blockchain World Forum Shenzhen on Oct. 24, a global large-scale blockchain summit that has been held in Dubai, Silicon Valley, and Singapore. TOP stood out as a keynote speaker through the rigorous application, and will talk about the latest trends and progress with thousands of media, KOLs, and blockchain industry professionals.
• Completed building the test network specifically for the hackathon and passed the two-day attack and test from the “hackers”.
• Completed a new round of optimization for Xledger DB, and increased the performance by over 100% in concurrent reading and over 45% in concurrent writing.
• Continue testing and bug fixing to improve stability under abnormal collaborations.
• Sorted out a preliminary to-do list for Mainnet launch.
Thanks to the feedback from our community, we recently unveiled an updated version of our signature cryptocurrency wallet HiWallet. Feel free to download the App through this link and tell us how you think about this version! We are always striving to provide the best user experience and most secure product for our users.
You can find TOP Network on:
Email Contact: [email protected]
Official Website: http://www.topnetwork.org
About TOP Network
TOP Network is a decentralized open communication network that provides cloud communication services on the blockchain. TOP offers secure, low-cost services such as messaging, calling, video, VPN, CDN, IoT data sharing and more.
TOP Network is also a high-performance public blockchain platform designed to handle real-world business of any size or volume. Powered by innovations including three-layer network, two-layer sharding, two-layer lattice DAG and PBFT-PoS*, TOP can process several hundred thousand transactions per second on the blockchain.
The long-term mission of TOP Network is to build a public blockchain infrastructure for all Dapps. Our world-class team of over 100 developers is striving for this goal.
TOP Network originated from the common underlying network layer of Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN, three communication apps built by the TOP team before the blockchain project. These apps, having attracted over 80 million users in total, will be ported to TOP Network upon the launch of TOP and generate huge volumes of transactions in the TOP ecosystem.
TOP Network was founded by serial entrepreneur Steve Wei and his colleagues in late 2017. Steve was one of the earliest employees of WebEx in the 1990s. After WebEx, he founded a successful video conferencing software company which was acquired by Huawei in 2010. In 2012, Steve co-founded Dingtone, a public listed company operating popular communication apps such as Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN.
On March 26th, TOP Network made its debut as the first project launched through Huobi Prime — Huobi’s selective Direct Premium Offering platform. A total of 1.5 billion TOP Tokens were sold out in seconds, after which the price of TOP surged 2770% once it was freely tradable. Upon the listing, TOP’s trading volume hit $100 million in just eight seconds, and surpassed the trading volume of Bitcoin at $250 million in less than a week, ranking first in terms of volume on Huobi Global. Before that, TOP Network has closed $15 million early investments from prestigious institutional investors and individual billionaire investors, including DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, NEO Global Capital (NGC), Ontology Global Capital (OGC), LD Capital and more.