Cpu Mining - Use your Cpu to make money online. with an ECO friendly Algorithm
Learn more about Coin Magi and what it is here https://steemit.com/altcoin/@dury10/coin-magi-dream-transformed-in-reality-for-cpu-miners
Start Mining Magi Coin XMG On a Raspberry Pi 3 Or any Other SBC
For a good hash rate you need to be sure that your "toy" runs a 64bit OS. If you don't have a 64 bit OS you should take a look on this How To https://steemit.com/raspberry/@dury10/how-to-install-64-bit-os-on-a-raspberry-pi-3-step-by-step-for-newbies
Now let's get started.
- Before downloading the miner we need to install some Libraries and for that we need to use this command
sudo apt-get install automake autoconf pkg-config libcurl4-openssl-dev libjansson-dev libssl-dev libgmp-dev make g++ git libgmp-dev
- Downloading the miner
git clone https://github.com/magi-project/m-cpuminer-v2
- Now that we have downloaded the miner we need to go to the specific folder and start to generate the files that we need to compile the miner.
CFLAG="-O2 mfpu=neon-vfpv4" ./configure
- Only on the Raspberry Pi we need to modify this and only if you need to mine Magi, on others sbc's or miners/coin you don't have to do this.
to search in nano you can use the key combo
control –W to search, search march
After making changes, use
Control-xto exit, hit
Yto save and Enter
- Now it’s time to actually compile the software with the make command. Use the “-j4” options to allow you to utilize all the 4 cores you have on the device.
- Ok, now that all this is done, here is the command to run. Note, you must be in the m-cpuminer-v2 folder.
./m-minerd -a m7mhash -o stratum+tcp://pool.url:port -u yourusername.worker# -p worker#pw
Change the # to your worker name/ number example worker01
- Now you need to chose a Pool where you can mine Magi, you can use whatever you want. What I found that in bigger pools you can mine faster but but the amount of coins found in that block it will be splited to more miner, so it will be faster but low rewards. Be aware mining on a pool includes "taxes" so you need to pay to the owner of the pool depending on his fees. By solo mining if you find a block all the amount of coins that can be generated by solving a block it will be all yours no fees no nothing! So you decide How you want to mine.
For a raspberry it's wort mining on the pool.
Here are all the Pools where you can Mine XMG:
- Now that you decided with pool you will mine you need to Register there make an account Create a worker set the password for the worker and jump to the Section 6 of this How To and start mining.
Congratulation you are a Miner now :D
Hope this helps out anyone like myself who is just starting with mining
Some things I have noticed. A good power supply and cooling make a difference.
I have RP3 setup with this, one gets 11.40 hash ( with cooling) and the other gets
7.60 ( no cooling, cheaper power supply) Also good MicroUsb Cable will increase your Hash use 20-23 AWG cabble.
As power Consumtion a Raspberry Pi Mining with all 4 Cores and Overclocked it will use 5-5.2V and 0.75-0.9 A
On my Pi i have 12-13 khash/s because my pi its overcloked
If you want to Overclock your Raspberry check this How To https://steemit.com/raspberry/@dury10/how-to-overclock-your-raspberry-pi-3
If you want to Learn more about SSH chek this How To https://steemit.com/raspberry/@dury10/how-to-install-use-ssh-on-a-raspberry-pi-3-step-by-step-for-noobs
If you want to Learn more about Screen my favorite linux utility check this link https://steemit.com/mining/@dury10/how-to-install-use-linux-screen
XMG - 96VG7LCWxDyXMbiEett2vuz6Zm7uHBf1hQ
Thanks to All the Folks out there that helped me out how to figure and start mining and now i put all this together here to be more easy for you. special tank to Magi Dev Team and the guys from NovaSpirit.