Don't tell me you don't enjoy having these things - clean drinking water, fresh air and nutritious food or living for that matter.
It is absolutely no secret that Animal agriculture is the MAIN cause of Climate change. People tend to shut off their brain the same way when someone mutters the words "work", "vegan" or "aren't you on a diet?". No one wants to hear it but truth is, no one will be able to hear anything if we carry on the way we do.
Would you enjoy standing, eating and sleeping in your own feces for your entire life?
So, for people who aren't aware of this catastrophe - Animal agriculture is basically eating away at the only home we have. Literally, methane gas is eating our atmosphere! Waste leakage being exposed into clean water, contaminating fish and natural biospheres, THE AMOUNT of water used to sustain Animal agriculture is completely insane, let me give you some figures here. Animal agriculture is responsible for using 34-76 TRILLION GALLONS of water PER YEAR!
The act of Animal agriculture is at an alarming pace leading our home to complete lifelessness.
This planet would THRIVE without human beings.
- 2,500 gallons of water are needed to produce 1 pound of BEEF.
- 477 gallons of water are required to produce 1lb. of EGGS.
- Almost 900 gallons of water are needed for 1lb. of CHEESE.
- 1,000 gallons of water are required to produce 1 gallon of MILK.
- Animal Agriculture is responsible for 20%-33% of all fresh water consumption in the world today.
- Livestock takes 1/3 of the Earth's ice-free land!!! Let that sink in...
- 500 Nitrogen flooded DEAD-ZONES causes by livestock operations.
To feed these animals - ACRES AND ACRES of forest need to be DESTROYED!
This industry is KILLING our planet. Where are you going to immigrate to once all our resources are tired?
The voice in most peoples head right now goes as follows, "I'll be dead, so it won't matter.", "Humans were made to eat meat and I can't live without the flesh of anther being.", "This person needs to get laid and chill."
We are facing the LARGEST MASS EXTINCTION in 65 years!
All for the digestion of something that once ate, pooped and reproduced once too.
Source - http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts/