Week 8 of #zencolouringcontest starts now!
Each week I will provide a stencil to be coloured in with no restrictions on the medium used, with a chance to win 45% of this posts payout for 1st place.
To add a little twist and interaction within the community, there will be a featured colour each week, picked at random from entrant's choices. This colour must be used in some way in your interpretation (use as little or as much of the featured colour as you like).
The featured colour this week is Brown
Below is a screen capture of the random picker's selection:
(with example shades of the colour)
The contest will run week to week, to provide enough time for entrants to colour in the pattern. It's Zen for a reason!
This week's contest will run as follows:
Tuesday 3rd, 18:00 CET - 'Week Starts' post
Tuesday 10th, 09:00 CET - 'Week Ending' post
Tuesday 10th, 15:00 CET - 'Winners Showcase' post
Tuesday 10th, 18:00 CET - 'New Week Starts' post
(CET - Central European Time)
No entries are accepted after the 'Week Ending Post'.
All accepted entries will be resteemed by me and the following badge will appear on your entry post, so that you know it has been accepted:
- Download the Stencil provided below.
- Colour the Stencil in any way you wish.
- Any medium is accepted, digital, traditional or otherwise.
- Must UPVOTE and RESTEEM this post.
- Create your own post titled: i.e. ...Entry for Zen Colouring Contest #8...
- Add your final coloured piece to your entry post.
- In your entry, state which colour you would pick for next week's featured colour.
- The FEATURED COLOUR this week is Brown
- Make sure your first tag is #zencolouringcontest.
- Only 1 entry per Steemer.
- You don't have to be an artist. Anyone can enter! People of all ages!
- Leave a comment on this post with a link to your entry so it can be easily found.
- Encourage each other by upvoting and commenting on other entries in the #zencolouringcontest tag!
- You can add lines and shapes, so long as the main pattern remains visible.
Here is this week's Stencil:
click the image for full size, then right click the full size image and save the image.
Load the stencil image into your favourite art software on your phone, tablet or PC. Or print it out and use traditional forms of colouring! The image is sized to A4 paper for ease of printing.
I am judging the contest and will choose the winners based on creativity and originality
The prizes for this week are:
1st place - 45% of post payout
2nd place - 30% of post payout
3rd place - 15% of post payout
Winners will receive the corresponding badge as a comment on their entry when the 'Winners Showcase' is posted. Prizes will be handed out when this post pays out.
This will be an interesting one with Brown as the featured colour again. (Remember that you don't have to only use the featured colour and you can use as little as you like)
Have fun, but most importantly have a relaxing zen-colouring sesh!
If you have any suggestions or ideas about the contest please leave a comment below and your input will be displayed here in future posts. I have already taken on board an idea about randomising the selection of the entrant's featured colour choices.
Would you like to help support the contest further? Whether you are an entrant or an admirer, If you would like to make a small donation towards the prize pool, please send it with the memo 'ZenColouring # Donation!'.
I myself will be donating 0.25 SBD to the prize pool.