- When Cats chase their prey, they keep their head level. But, humans & other animals bob their heads up and down.
- There are over 20 muscles in Cat’s ears. And Cat’s hearing ability is far better than dogs.
- Cats sleep 18-20 hours a day. And they sleep near 70% of their lives.
- It’s an amazing true that Cats have no sense of tasting sweet foods.
- Cats make about 100 different vocal sounds. Dogs make only about 10.
- When cats grimace, they are usually “taste-scenting.” They have an extra organ that, with some breathing control, allows the cats to taste-sense the air.
- Cats can hear ultrasonic sounds that Dolphins create to communicate each other.
- Most cats are lactose intolerant, so, they can’t digest cow milk.
- Killing Cats was a punishable offence (in the most cases punish to death) in the ancient Egypt.
- Owning a cat can reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack by a third.
- Every Cat has its own unique nose print. It’s similar to human’s fingerprints.
- When Cats are in happy mood they often knead with their paws.
- The name of the first cat in the space is Felicette (a.k.a. “Astrocat”).
- The world’s largest cat measured 48.5 inches long.
- Another very interesting thing is that Cats can’t see directly below their noses. That’s why they often miss foods in front of their nose.
- A cat can jump approximately seven times its height.
- A cat’s brain is biologically more similar to a human brain. Both humans and cats have identical regions in their brains that are responsible for emotions.
- A cat can recognizes its master’s voice.
- Cats dream in the sleep like humans.
- A cat’s sense of smell is 14 times better than human beings.
- Cats have survived falls of over 20 meters, due largely to their “righting reflex.”
- Another amazing fact is that all male cats are typically left-pawed & all female cats are typically right-pawed.
- Cats only have sweat glands the pads of their paws.
- A cat’s whiskers help to detect objects and navigate in night.
- Cats hate the water because their fur does not insulate well when it’s wet.
- Cats have sharper memory than dogs.
- Humans greet each other by shaking hands; cats greet one another by touching their noses together.
- The first commercially cloned pet was a cat named “Little Nicky.” It costs 50K USD to clone it.
- Cats can change their meow to manipulate a human. They often imitate a human baby when they need food.
- Cat’s jaw can’t move sideways, so Cats can’t chew large chunks of food.
follow me on steemit AND resteem it
>>Thanks to @elyaque for designing my badges :)<<
MY STATS REPUTATION SCORE : 71.76 | TOTAL FOLLOWERS : 2916 TOTAL BLOG POSTS : 1688 | TOTAL LIKES : 92687 TOTAL EARNINGS : $30299.79 SBD
Buy photos from My Shutterstock Portfolio