Hello Steemians, I am submitting my services as Steemit Quebec first Witness.
I got involved with Steemit Quebec and EOS Quebec thanks to @pnc and I plan to present and help organise meetups in and around Montreal.
I'm a DevOps with over 20 years of experience in the field. I've administered Unix / Linux systems since 1994 and began programming at the tender age of 10 with the Commodore VIC-20.
I was introduced to Steemit by @jerrybanfield last June and I've learned to appreciate the value it brings to the world and I've been looking for ways to contribute ever since.
I've chosen a powerful server with a lot of ram and fast drive to be future proof as steem will for sure take off in a big way in 2018.
|Operating System||Ubuntu 16.04 LTS|
|Processor||8 vCores X 2.4 Ghz|
|Hard Drive||200 GB SSD|
- Remote Hosting in Canada
- SSH keys to login
- Password authentication disabled
- Root login disabled
- Creation Fee: 0.1 STEEM (following @pfunk's lead)
- Maximum Block Size: 65536
- 0% APR since the SBD value is high
- The price feed is being published hourly using conductor.
Here are some of my latest contributions to steem
- How to build the linux Desktop wallet for the Steem blockchain Vessel from source code
- 12 merged pull requests as part of the LORIS Imaging working group
- French translation for SteemPi
- 96 merged pull requests as part of the LORIS Neuroimaging Platform team
- Additional steps to Manual installation of the dependencies of EOS
- Corrections in the example for Transferring funds with the sample "currency" contract
The server went live on December 26th 2017 and has been ready to step in to make blocks ever since. Many thanks to @jamzed in the witness chat for helping me setup my witness config and answering my questions.
I plan to setup a seed node and a backup witness server soon.
How to vote
go to https://steemit.com/~witnesses
scroll to the bottom of the page
enter my name helo next to the @ symbol and click the VOTE button once.
If you like to use SteemConnect, here is the one click link.