So I thought I'd knock up a quick video before heading off to my second 'Fighting with Marv' session.
In today's video I talk off-the-cuff about Steem/ Steemit Communites:
- why I'm bullish on Communities
- how I see Communities potentially working (based on what I've read and heard)
- how Communities will improve the user experience on Steemit
- how Communities can be monetised
- how Community moderators will need to strike the right balance between censorship and openness, between charging commissions and enticing contributions, between accepting ads and putting off subscribers in order to be successful
- how Steem Communities could bring new capital into the Steem eco-system
- how Communities and SMTs are different sides of the same coin. I contrast the organic Communities model to value building on the Steem blockchain to the SMT model. It will be fun to see how the different approaches fare.