Cold Storage/Backup of private keys on VINYL records, could it work?
A little SHA512 hashed file with a library of private keys encrypted with AES and stored on a vinyl record, could that work? The scenario is a worst case one, where that is the only solution.
So I asked some techy steemians if that was possible and how would the procedure be and what would it cost?
Well, the cost is rather expensive all new, about $4000 all in all plus empty records. But if it really works, one could make it a business offering cold storage vinyl records for others around the world and by doing that break even an maybe even profit well.
So the theoretical solution I have got so far is this:
- First, you use some software to encrypt your file containing your important data.
- Second, you use steganography tools to embed the file into an audio clip.
- Third, you turn the audio clip into vinyl.
- Hide it in plain sight as the wall decoration or part of a small or large vinyl stack.
To extract the data back again
- hook the audio output of the vinyl player to your microphone/line input on the computer.
- Use software to record the audio.
- Use the same steganography tools to decode the file back.
- And then you can use the encryption program you used to decrypt your file and get access to all of your data.
Is there anyone else who has a solution or maybe the equipment needed to do it in on a recent video would be awesome.
Thanks for reading, and keep on steeming on!!