If you don't include https:// within your embedded link when creating a new article a user should either be shown an error warning, it should automatically prepend https:// or https://. It should not render the 1ramp create a post page as a default link.
If you enter a link without https:// or http:// it will not show the link that you added, instead it will show the 1ramp create a post page within the embedded link.
Steps to reproduce
- Go to https://alpha.1ramp.io/feed/
- Sign in using your Steem Account
- Click the floating menu option shown in the bottom right, select article
- Click the embedded link option shown in the editor
- Type in "www.google.co.uk"
- Note that the embedded link does not load www.google.co.uk and instead loads the 1ramp create post page.
- Repeat step 4 and type in https://www.google.co.uk
- Note that it loads correctly.
As you can see from the discussion there is a need for adjustments to be made to this feature, the current method is also likely to have issues surrounding
X-Frame-Options as many sites will not allow their content to be rendered within an iFrame due to security reasons. The solution will be to provide a pre-defined list of allowed sites that can be used within the embeddable links option within the site menu.
Note: The solution was suggested by the project owner and not myself, I simply wanted to mention the other issues that will arise with the current implementation method.
- Browser: Google Chrome (Version 65.0.3325.162 (Official Build) (64-bit))
- Device: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
- Operating system: MacOS HighSierra Version 10.13
Recording of Issue
The following issue can be seen in the view below:
A link to my GitHub account can be found below:
The issue was submitted to the repository here: