CONSUL is the most complete citizen participation tool for an open, transparent and democratic government. It’s a citizen participation and open government application.
The translation I am working on is the open source code repository of the eParticipation website CONSUL. Development started on July 15th 2015. The application was originally developed for the Madrid City government eParticipation website. Right now, there are 18 countries, 90 governments and 70millons of citizens participating on their website.
It’s free for use, can be used by any person or entity. It can be customized to the need of each entity. It’s safe and secure, and can be integrated with existing register and census systems.
The key features of the application are-
• Debates- allows for participation from each individual, it creates an environment for people to discuss the proposed topic.
• Proposals- people can create a citizen’s proposal and seek supports. From participation, all the participants get the right to decide the issues that matter the most.
• Participatory budgeting- Participates get the chance to discuss and decide how to spend participatory budgets.
• Voting- Participants can vote and decide the most important issues from their phones.
• Collaborative Legislation- public gets comments on legislative text.
The project has 13,225words and are 100% translatable. In my previous sugmissions, I completed 3,193words. This is my 5th submission, total 1,051words done.
I translated the project from English to Chinese Simplified.
• Link of this project in GitHub- https://github.com/consul/consul
• Language in this contribution- https://crowdin.com/project/consul/zh-CN#
Before my contribution- there were 0 words translated budgets, community and devise folder. After my work, both budgets and community folders are 100% completed and devise is now 13% completed. Total is 769+221+61=1,051 words.
Proof of Authorship
Link of my activity in Crowdin to prove my work- https://crowdin.com/profile/emmali73/activity