Lots of you guys have been asking us when the votes will start. The answer is now!
We re behind our original schedule because we thought of enhancements along the way, we hope you will forgive us for taking some more time to get to this ;)
Finally, we give it to you :
The SteemPlus Voting Bot!
How does it work ?
This bot is based on the number of SteemPlus Points (SPP) you have.
Once a day, Steemplus will vote for your newest post of a day. In order to promote engagement on the blockchain, only the posts of the day are upvoted.
Let's see how this works:
- All SPP holders who posted since last round (day) form the pool. The number of users actively posting will thus affect the votes.
- Users all get a vote at
percentage = your_SPP / totalSPP * 1000(1000 represent the 10 100% upvotes we can use per day).
- If some users are granted a vote over 100%, which is technically impossible to achieve, the remaining percentage is shared between the other users.
- We won't vote under 0.1%.
To get bigger upvotes, make sure you read our article on how to earn SPP.
Data on our first round of votes
Our first voting round ended up with the following statistics :
- 64 posts voted
- 3 posts rejected (vote <0.1%)
- Min vote : 0.1%
- Max vote : 100% ($0.86)
- Average vote : 15.61%
- Standard deviation : 24.31%
We improved the SPP calculation by doing the following :
- Waiting to see if there is a refund on MinnowBooster transactions before distributing the corresponding SPP.
- Writing Steem and SBD price along with some global dynamic properties on transactions in order to make a fast replay of the SPP calculation using SteemSQL.
- Transfering from the Voting Power to the Voting Mana system.
- The welcoming bot scheduler has been deactivated.
Future developement for this bot
As our SP increases and votes start representing more than a few cents, we will start factoring the quality in our votes :
- Using existing blacklists, and letting a way for users to contact us to be out of this list
- Excluding some tags
- Using UA score as a quality factor (if our vote gets quite big)
Coming soon on SteemPlus
- SteemMonsters on SteemPlus
- Monetize your delegations to @steem-plus
- Premium Features
Repository, Pull requests and Commits
- Repository : SteemPlus-API
- Main Pull Request : Upvote bot
Apologies for the old duplicate commits, I must have been drunk ;p
Join us on Discord
How to test this code?
- Subscribe to SteemSQL (10 SBD/month)
- Clone this repository
- Set the environment variables (information received by transfer when you subscribe to SteemSQL). These environment variables are
npm run start
- You should be able to test it on
Powered by @adsactly
Powered by @utopian-io
Like what I do? Vote @stoodkev for witness!