Italian Translation Report: Node.js [Part 41 - 2152TW/1164CW]
Welcome to my 41st translation report for the Node.js project!
Today I have already finished the console.md file and without stopping I have already started another one again: crypto.md!
Keep reading to check out more about this new translation report!
Given its importance, its translation into many languages is almost due.
I'll use my skills to make an high quality translation and maybe to learn something more about Node.js world.
This is my 41st translation for the Node.js project.
Today I finished the console.md file, actually in the previous report I was already halfway done, the remaining half was very easy and I have not encountered any difficulty and no new technical words, once again.
As previous post, I decided to start the crypto.md file next to console.md, a big and interesting file.
The final result is gradually upgrading: 2152 total words and 1164 clean words.
In this 41st part I continued the " Class: Console " chapter translation and finished it, after that I started the crypto.md file discovering what is crypto module, how it works and starting and completing the first two classes: Certificate and Cipher.
Words left in English
This is a list of words I considered to left in English in order to give a more understandable translation.
My choice is based both on the project owners guidelines and on the web research carried out by myself.
Difficult words/sentences to translate in Italian
In this report I have not met words or sentences which put me in serious difficulty or which I have not been able to translate properly.
What did I learn new?
- Test Assertion - What is a Test Assertion and what is its function in console.md: it is an expression which encapsulates some testable logic specified about a target under test. The expression is formally presented as an assertion, along with some form of identifier, to help testers and engineers ensure that tests of the target relate properly and clearly to the corresponding specified statements about the target.
- Newline - What is a Newline and how it works in console.md: it is a control character or sequence of control characters in a character encoding specification (e.g. ASCII or EBCDIC) that is used to signify the end of a line of text and the start of a new one.
- Certificate Signing Request - What is the Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and how it works in crypto.md: it is a message sent from an applicant to a certificate authority in order to apply for a digital identity certificate. It usually contains the public key for which the certificate should be issued, identifying information (such as a domain name) and integrity protection (e.g., a digital signature). The most common format for CSRs is the PKCS #10 specification and another is the Signed Public Key and Challenge SPKAC format generated by some web browsers.
- Legacy API - What is a Legacy API and which are the main one in crypto.md: it would be an Application Programming Interface exposed by a Legacy system. That is, an old or outdated API. Calling it "legacy" additionally implies that there is a newer, non-legacy API being talked about.
- Method Chaining - What is the Method Chaining and how it works in crypto.md: it is a common syntax for invoking multiple method calls in object-oriented programming languages. Each method returns an object, allowing the calls to be chained together in a single statement without requiring variables to store the intermediate results.
- Additional Authenticated Data - What are the Additional Authenticated Data and how they works in crypto.md: it is any string that you pass to Cloud Key Management Service as part of an encrypt or decrypt request. AAD is used as an integrity check and can help protect your data from a confused deputy attack. The AAD string is base64-encoded and must be no larger than 64 KiB.
Suggestions/Revisions for Project Owners (Pull Requests etc.)
None in this report.
- Source Language: English
- Target Language: Italian
- Experience: You can check my experiences into my translator application
- Total Words: 2152
- Clean Words: 1164
Proof of Authorship
Feedback & Conclusion
As I said in the previous post I have increased translated words number and I will do it again in the next post!
I love to translate and learn a lot of new things everyday, so I want to do it better from one post to the next!
What do you think about it? Did you know what I learned today?
Let me know, leave a comment below!
Thank you very much for your time and see you in the next post!