Gitlab localization - Special task of finalizing the translation of Gitlab project.
Repository link : gitlabhq/gitlab-runner
GitLab is the first single application built from the ground up for all stages of the DevOps lifecycle for Product, Development, QA, Security, and Operations teams to work concurrently on the same project
it is well known because of its single conversation workflow which will enable teams to collaborate even faster.
- you don't have to manage too many threads.
- Gitlab provides a single data store, one user interface, and one permission model across the DevOps lifecycle for the teams.
- Less time consumption.
- Greatly enhance the focus of the developers since they don't have to go to different threads when developing software.
This is my first time in working on this project and I have a special task to finish it to 100% since the team has a consensus that we should avoid not to jump to another project unless the project that the team working on is not finished yet.
But due to some circumstances, some of us are busy working in the real world.
These are the screenshots before I start translating GitLab to Filipino.
- File progress Screenshot. click this link to see the current progress
- Screenshot of the report of total translated words and Target words. click on this link to see the report.
Samples of untranslated text:
- Pipeline - A pipeline is a group of jobs that get executed in stages. It is a technical term especially used in GitLab and no translation in Filipino.
- Elasticsearch - is a search engine based on the Lucene library.
- health check access token
- Runner - Runner is the open source project that is used to run your jobs and send the results.
- SAML SSO
- SAML Single Sign On
- While I translate dismiss to ipawalang-saysay I used tag-lish pag-dismiss in
dismissalFilipinos are already used to use the taglish term pag-dismiss for dismisal you can find some example in the articles listed below.
Screenshots of the final result
- Language translation progress after translating more than 1000 words.
- Screenshot of the report from 241 words to 1,388 word count.
Crowding project page: project/gitlab-ee
Language link: Filipino
Source Language : English
Translated Language : Filipino
Number of translated words: 1,161 words - 126 (untranslated, names and links) total of 1,035 words.
This is the first part of my translation in this project.
You may able to view all my activities of this part of translation here on My Activity