What is the project about?
- IPFS is quickly becoming the backbone of decentralized content creation with many apps using this protocol to store their users content.
- Unfortunately, there is no easy way for the average content creator to use IPFS natively if they so choose. It takes a live server running Linux 24/7 and running the IPFS software even to have the ability to upload.
- Then the creator has to learn the commands and how to navigate the CLI before they can ever get their content into the InterPlanetary File System.
- This project solves that very issue. Taking out all the hard backend work and leaving the user with a simple webpage to upload their content an get their IPFS hash with a link to view their content.
- Getting the creator's content on IPFS so it can potentially exist forever is now the easy part. Freeing up the creator's time to create more epic content.
- MySql (future development)
Roadmap (in chronological order)
- Add an upload progress bar for visual acknowledgment of the upload progress
- Add user login
- Add database to store content hash history for user reference
- Allow users to create playlists based on their history of hashes with a shareable link
- Add a dropbox-like hosting system for files
- Add the ability to enable pre-upload encryption
How to contribute?
- Direct Contact:
- Discord: jrswab#3134
- XMPP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Chat:
- Discord: https://discord.gg/dKDuaST
- Direct Contact:
How To Use Archivatory
- Click and select your file.
- Click and wait for the page to change
- Copy the hash to save or
- Click the link to view your content
- Return to the home page to upload more content
All images came from royalty and attribution free sources unless specified.
Click here to vote with SteemConnect!
Or go to https://steemit.com/~witnesses
You can see all active witnesses on @drakos' steemian.info
Looking to support my content creation efforts outside of the Steem Blockchain?
Check out jrswab.com/support