What is the project about?
Steemifier is a 100% free browser extension (Chrome, Firefox, Opera) that allows the YouTube users to interact with the Steem blockchain directly from the YouTube website:
the YouTube content creators can:
- add their videos/lives to the Steem blockchain (only if they are the owner of the video)
- reply to the comments left on their videos
- see details about the votes received on a video
the YouTube viewers can:
- upvote a video
- comment a video
- follow the creator
example of a video "Steemifier Ready"
- SteemConnect: to allow the users to add their videos, upvote, comment, follow
- YouTube API: to get the videos metadata and to check the ownership of a video (during the add process)
- ServerLess backend hosted on Amazon AWS via Lambdas
For now, only the "Watch page" on YouTube is Steemifier ready, I would like to make other pages available to the users (YouTube home page showing the videos "Steemifier Ready", add some pages to show the Hot, Trending and the new videos that are "Steemifier Ready").
After YouTube I would like to make other websites available in the browser extension...
Where to get Steemifier
- for Google Chrome users: store link
- for Mozilla Firefox users: store link
- for Opera users: it's pending, waiting for approval
Posted on Utopian.io - Rewarding Open Source Contributors