Tagbot is an upvote bot, upvotes posts with a specific tag based on pre-defined parameters. It has a couple use cases, for example:
- Voting for photography tag to support photographers
- Voting for local tags (tr, deutsch, etc.) to support local content creators
- Voting for the "utopian-io" tag to support developers
Every time the bot is executed,
- Checks for minimum VP rule, if it's suitable, starts voting round.
- Fetches 100 posts from the specific tag (order by created)
- Shuffles that 100 posts, and filters them if needed. (Minimum author rep, etc.)
- Upvotes them based on the VOTE_COUNT. (Number of votes casted in each round, set in the configuration.)
Currently, this bot operates at @dshot-io account with a minimal SP for testing purposes. (rewards photography tag.)
$ (sudo) pip install steem_tagbot
Do that in a python3.6 virtual environment and it will install all the requirements.
$ POSTING_KEY=private_posting_key tagbot /path/to/config.json
Configuration is stored in JSON files. You can find an example in the repository.
|NODES||A list of steem nodes to connect|
|BOT_ACCOUNT||Bot account to vote|
|TAG||Target tag to upvote posts|
|MINIMUM_VP_TO_START||Bot should sleep until this VP is generated|
|VOTE_WEIGHT||Vote weight for every upvote (in percent)|
|VOTE_COUNT||How many votes should be casted in each voting round|
|MINIMUM_AUTHOR_REP||Ignore authors with low reputation|
|BLACKLIST||A list of authors to ignore|
Note: tagbot runs on voting rounds to preserve the VP. You need to set a crontab entry to run the bot periodically.
For example, to run tagbot in every 15 minutes:
*/15 * * * * /var/bots/run-tagbot > /tmp/tagbot 2>&1
Python 3.6 and greater.
Bot works very well at the moment and meet the needs of mine. However, I have a couple of additional features in my mind:
- Tag blacklist
- Smarter upvote weight algorithm based on a couple of params
How to Contribute
Use github issues or find me at Discord. (emre#9263) for any feature requests or bugs, bug-fixes.
Posted on Utopian.io - Rewarding Open Source Contributors