Automation Scripts for Developers and Makers
I love automatisms. Every developer should put more into automatisms.
For quite some time now I have been building scripts which take over a lot of work.
Since the scripts are getting more and more I started a repository where I collect all my scripts.
- Licence MIT
What feature(s) did you add?
- Auto vote script for Steemit
- Get all users for makerlog
- Tweet Maker of the day from Makerlog
- Auto vote script for Twitter
- Tweet random tweets at Twitter
How did you implement it/them?
Here I would like to show you the newest script. The newest script is an auto vote script for Steemit. So you don't have to give your keys to services. Everything is up to you and therefore more secure.
You can find the script itself under:
What do you need now
How to install it
- Export the auto-vote folder (https://github.com/dehenne/automation-scripts/tree/master/steem/auto-vote)
Either copy the files to a location of your choice or check it out with git.
git clone [email protected]:dehenne/automation-scripts.git
- Execute npm installation
- Fill in all config parameters
Please fill in all settings in the
// which users should be voted let USERS = ['username', 'username', 'username']; // Weighting of votes const CONFIG_WEIGHT = 10000; // User name of the voter const USERNAME = 'YOUR-USERNAME'; // Password of the voter const PASSWORD = 'YOUR-PASSWORD';
- Run the script by
If you want to run the whole thing automatically you can use cron to do this.
I recommend to run this every 5 minutes.
*/5 * * * * cd PATH_TO_THE_SCRIPT; nodejs run.js
A good explanation on how to use cron can be found at https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Cron/.
The Run Script
The run script is quite simple. It votes only on posts that are older than 15 minutes, noticed if you voted already and votes only posts that are younger than 5 days.
The complete source code is documented as usual.
The most important functions are:
- getUserPosts https://github.com/dehenne/automation-scripts/blob/master/steem/auto-vote/run.js#L36
- voteOnPost https://github.com/dehenne/automation-scripts/blob/master/steem/auto-vote/run.js#L114
- isAlreadyVoted https://github.com/dehenne/automation-scripts/blob/master/steem/auto-vote/run.js#L140
For further ideas of some automation scripts you are welcome to write me an issue.
Thanks for reading