This is my proposal for the Beem logo task request for Utopian.io.
The guidelines for this logo were pretty straightforward:
- Use the pulley mechanism of a Beam Machine
- Incorporate the Python logo
- Create a simple, minimal design
- No color preferences
Disclaimer: I am aware that this proposal looks very similar to others due to the design restrictions imposed. I still think that this logo is a bit different.
For this logo I wanted to evoke:
- Highly legible
I used a modern light type called Montserrat for the final logo available here
Screenshots of the process:
Final logo versions
I opted for two color options: warm and cool (blue). Plus negative and positive black and white versions.
Benefits / Improvements
A visual identity such as this will provide the following benefits:
- A visual element for all media communications
- An association with Python that clearly establishes a relationship with the logo and the service offered
- A youthful visual identity that will appeal to young audiences
- A simple design appearance that makes it memorable
I created the logo using Adobe Illustrator and the Mock-up image with Adobe Photoshop.
Original files in RGB color model for digital use, size 1024 by 1024 px in the following formats:
- .ai CS5 and
Files are up for grabs here
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Feel free to use as you wish!
I hope you guys enjoyed seeing the process of this logo design. If you have any questions let me know in the comments. I usually read and reply to all of them. Thank you for your time and for coming by to visit.
Posted on Utopian.io - Rewarding Open Source Contributors