French translation of Verdaccio, Contribution N°2 (1006 words)
Project Details :
- Verdaccio means a green color popular in late medieval Italy for fresco painting!
- Verdaccio is lightweight private npm proxy registry built in Node.js
- A registry is a repository for packages that implements the CommonJS Compliant Package Registry specification for reading package info. It provides an API compatible with npm clients (yarn/npm/pnpm), and follows the semantic Versioning compatible (semver).
- Verdaccio helps you keep your privacy, so all packages that you publish are private and only accessible based in your configuration. It also caches all dependencies by demand and speeds up installations in local or private networks.
Contribution specifications :
- This is my second contribution on Verdaccio open source project.
- I am the first and only French translator working on Verdaccio. This gives me a big motivation to do my job as better as it is possible.
- I also feel having a big responsibility: my contributions could encourage more French translators to join steemit community. So I do my best to give a decent translation.
- In fact, this contribution took me more time than usual. I had to to do some extra researches in order to make my translation as perfect as possible. But actually, I can say that I learned a lot by this experience.
- I'm happy that Verdaccio project team added 8 new strings for translation. This is a sign for the big effort the team is making to develop the project. Also, I actually want to enjoy this experience as long as possible. Big up for them.
- The translation was from English to French
- Sometimes the context was easy to understand but more difficult to translate, especially when the sentence contains some specific words.
- There are so many specific words that were kept as they are.
- I googled many words to keep close to the meaning. That helps me to have a rich vocabulary. I encourage steemians to try this great experience.
- Total word translated: 1120
- Untranslated words: 114
- Final count: 1006