Project Details :
- Verdaccio means a green color popular in late medieval Italy for fresco painting!
- Verdaccio is lightweight private npm proxy registry built in Node.js
- A registry is a repository for packages that implements the CommonJS Compliant Package Registry specification for reading package info. It provides an API compatible with npm clients (yarn/npm/pnpm), and follows the semantic Versioning compatible (semver).
- Verdaccio helps you keep your privacy, so all packages that you publish are private and only accessible based in your configuration. It also caches all dependencies by demand and speeds up installations in local or private networks.
Contribution specifications :
- This is my first contribution on Verdaccio open source project, after five contribution on OpenCart and one on eSteem.
- I am the first and only French translator working on Verdaccio. This gives me a big motivation to do my job as better as it is possible.
- Being away different from other usual projects, the translation needed some extra effort to get the meanings of some expressions.
- It was also very interesting to discover another nice open source project.
- The translation was from English to French
- Sometimes the context was easy to understand but more difficult to translate.
- There are so many specific words that were kept as they are.
- In general, this session was simple to translate. Most sentences were clear, so I did not have many troubles to find the specific translation in French.
- Total word translated: 830
- Untranslated words: 95
- Final count: 735
Proof of Authorship :