French translation of OroCRM, Contribution N°2 (1020 words)
Project Details :
OroCRM is an open source Client Relationship Management (CRM) application that allows to:
- Create a 360° view of your customers across multiple channels;
- Organize the sales pipeline;
- Manage account and contact information;
- Communicate with customers;
- Run marketing campaigns;
- Track campaign performance.
It is a composer package that requires an application to initialize and run it. A crm-application is an example of such application which simplifies initial project setup and configuration.
You can find documentation for OroCRM on orocrm website.
Contribution specifications :
- This is my second contribution on OroCRM open source project;
- I tried to took some time to see OroCRM platform and understand its functions so as to give a good translation;
In this session
- Strings that were translated are :
There were some imprecisions, but I knew how to deal with :
- RFM is a popular set of metrics that you can use to evaluate and your customers and quickly identify the best ones.: “and” should be omitted;
- Number of Hits: can be translated as “nombre de visites” or “nombre de clics”. Both of them have the same meaning, but I prefer to use "visites";
- In general, the text was familiar to me, then I sometimes try to add my French touch to give an original translation;
- I had a look on some strings translated previously by other translators to have a reference. I proposed some alternatives to our LM so he could compare and judge my work.
- The translation was from English to French;
- In general, I did not find troubles with the language used.
- Total word translated: 1080
- Untranslated words: 60
- Final count: 1020